P R E S S R E L E A S E
NEC Display Solutions V Series Grows
CHICAGO - August 2, 2011 - NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today an addition to its V Series multimedia projectors, the 3000-lumen V300W. This is an affordable, lightweight WXGA model that offers users the most essential features needed to display presentations in classrooms or small meeting rooms.
The V300W provides high brightness to accommodate larger screen sizes or heavily lit rooms. When used in ECO ModeT, the projector boasts up to 5000 hours of lamp life and reduces customers’ total cost of ownership. Enhanced connectivity on the V300W includes an HDMI input, monitor out and dual analog RGB inputs, as well as variable audio out for use with an external speaker. Its 3D capability, enabled by the latest DLP LinkT technology from Texas Instruments®, increases interactivity between teachers and students in education settings, while the VIDI technology, a Phillips innovation, allows the projector to work in conjunction with the color wheel to increase the image’s brightness and contrast ratio.
“The V300W is the ideal solution for small-to-medium meeting rooms and classrooms that require high brightness at an affordable price,” said Rich McPherson, Sr. Product Manager for Projectors at NEC Display Solutions. “The V Series offers four models designed for portability for presenters on-the-go or school libraries that operate a projector check-out system. At 5.5-pounds, these models are packed with automated features and the latest technology innovations, allowing users to focus on the presentation and not the hardware.”
The V300W includes the following features:
- Native resolution of 1280 x 800
- 2000:1 contrast ratio with the latest DLP® engine from Texas Instruments
- Compact size and lightweight design simplifies transport of projector
- BrilliantColorT technology for improved color accuracy
- Color-coded and clearly labeled input panel, which includes HDMI, dual computer, composite video, S-Video and component video (using optional 15-pin adapter cable)
- Integrated RJ45 for quick connection to the LAN (10/100 base-T capability)
- 7-watt speaker
- Built-in wall color correction presets
- Power management enables the projector to automatically turn off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs
- Automated features such as auto power-on via RGB (15-pin) input, quick start (3 to 4 seconds) and direct power-off
- Filter-free design eliminates the hassle and time spent monitoring and changing filters
- Crestron Roomview provides unified management, including the ability to switch the power on and off for multiple projectors connected to a network
- PC Control Utility Pro 4
- Virtual Remote (DDC/CI) allows users to control the projector directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
- ECO Mode allows for multiple settings dependent upon the brightness required in the application and power savings desired by the user
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
The V300W ships with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty and will be available in August 2011 at a minimum advertised price of $849. The lamp is covered for 1 year or 500 hours, whichever comes first. Education customers receive an additional year on their warranty, and Star Student customers receive an additional 2 years. To register for Star Student, visit www.necstarstudent.com for more information.
# # #
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.
Copyright Permissions | School Donations | Lost & Found | Site Guide | Support Us
FAQ | Buy Local | Home Theater Resources | Classroom Resources | Creative Projection Videos
Two Camera Guys | HDTV Solutions | Big Screen Forums