P R E S S R E L E A S E
NEC DISPLAY SOLUTIONS EXPANDS PX SERIES WITH TWO NEW PROFESSIONAL MODELSPowerful PX700W and PX800X Offer Dual-Lamp Operation, Stacking Capabilities, Edge Blending and Option Slot
CHICAGO - December 5, 2011 - NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today two new models to its PX Series projector line, the PX700W and PX800X. These installation models are designed for large auditoriums and venues requiring exceptional brightness, such as houses of worship, higher education, corporate and retail environments where there is high ambient light or the need for a larger screen size.
The 7000-lumen PX700W and 8000-lumen PX800X are professional installation projectors with dual lamps that provide intense light output. The projectors’ advanced input panel includes HDMI, DisplayPort, USB Viewer and three separate analog computer inputs, which come in handy when quickly switching between presentations. The PX700W and PX800X each offer Open Pluggable Specification (OPS), which is the first industry-wide standardization in option slots to simplify installation, use and maintenance while offering input flexibility. It supports multiple input cards, including an HD/SD-SDI and single board computer (SBC). Additionally, the projectors’ networking capabilities include integrated RJ45, optional high-speed wireless (LAN IEEE 80.11b/g) and several Windows networking features that allow users to connect to the shared network, control a networked computer through the projectors’ USB input and display multimedia files.
The PX Series stacking correction capability allows up to four projectors to be stacked vertically or horizontally to boost the image brightness up to 32,000 lumens. This feature is an asset for those applications where downtime cannot be afforded and reliability is of the utmost importance. With Integrated Device Technology HQVT, a high-performance video processing and scaling system, users can present with superior image quality using the technology’s pixel-based, motion-adaptive de-interlacing to remove undesirable motion artifacts.
“Our PX Series is ideal for customers requiring advanced connectivity, high brightness and networking capabilities,” said Rich McPherson, Sr. Product Manager of projectors for NEC Display Solutions. “The integrated option slot allows users to implement the projector in digital signage applications, which allows greater flexibility when planning an installation. The potential for the PX700W and PX800X to be valuable in lecture halls, training rooms and auditoriums is reliant on its professional-grade quality and multitude of included features.”
The PX700W and PX800X include the following features:
- Up to 8000-lumen brightness (achieved using a 6-segment color wheel)
- 1-Chip DLP - 1280 x 800 WXGA (PX700W) and 1024 x 768 (PX800X) native resolution
- 2100:1 contrast ratio
- Dual lamps
- Lamp life up to 2500 hours with ECO ModeT
- Open Pluggable Specification option slot including an HD/SD SDI input card and SBC
- Connectivity includes HDMI, DisplayPort, three analog computer inputs, composite and S-Video
- Center lens design for ease in retrofitting existing installations
- Electronic lens shutter
- Stacking capability (up to four projectors)
- Complete line of six bayonet-style lenses with powered zoom, focus and lens shift (projector/lens bundles available)
- Lens memory controls the lens attributes (zoom, focus, lens shift) based on input resolution and input selection
- Windows Network Projector Function directly connects to networked projectors without the need for additional proprietary software
- Windows Remote Desktop Function allows for control of the projector with a keyboard and mouse through the USB input
- Windows Network Drive and Media Connection functions display multimedia files (.jpeg, .bmp, .png, .mpeg2 or .wmv9)
- USB Viewer allows users to present without the use of a computer by displaying images stored as .jpgs from an optional USB memory
- Cornerstone correction helps display the image properly when the projector is set up at an angle to the screen
- Geometric correction allows the projector to display square-looking images on cylindrical, spherical or cornered screens
- Edge blending technology creates panoramic images with multiple projectors
- PIP/side-by-side allows two sources to be displayed on the screen at one time
- Automated features such as auto power-on via RGB (15-pin) input, quick start (3 to 4 seconds) and direct power-off
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
- Cabinet control lock
- Logo lock
- Password protection
- Email notifications inform the system administrator when the projector’s lamp is approaching the end of its useful life
The PX700W and PX800X ship with a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty and will be available in December 2011 at an estimated street price of $8799 and $8689, respectively (without lens). Education customers receive an additional year on their warranty, and Star Student customers receive an additional 2 years. To register for Star Student, visit www.necstarstudent.com for more information.
# # #
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx
RSS Feeds | Advertise | Dealer Registration | Mfg Registration | Policies | About Us | Contact Us6/19/2018 - 01:59 AM PST | ©1999-2018 ProjectorCentral.com
Copyright Permissions | School Donations | Lost & Found | Site Guide | Support Us
FAQ | Buy Local | Home Theater Resources | Classroom Resources | Creative Projection Videos
Two Camera Guys | HDTV Solutions | Big Screen Forums