P R E S S R E L E A S E
Epson PowerLite 1900-Series Projectors Deliver High Brightness and Connectivity to Corporate, Higher Education and House of Worship EnvironmentsSix New Models Offer Flexibility and Expansive Connectivity for Meeting Rooms, Classrooms and Sanctuaries
LONG BEACH, Calif. – May 1, 2012 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today reinforced its leadership in the projector market with the expansion of the EPSON® PowerLite® 1900-series. Designed for small- to medium-sized boardrooms and classrooms and houses of worship, the six new PowerLite 1900-series projectors provide outstanding image quality, a wide range of connectivity options, and up to 5,000 lumens of brightness2. In addition, the new models deliver several collaboration features including split screen capability and multi-PC projection.
The PowerLite 1940W, 1950 and 1960 are designed specifically for users who want a bright projector at an affordable price, and offer features such as split screen, DICOM simulation mode3, Faroudja DCDi for a home cinema-like experience, and diverse digital connectivity with HDMI and DisplayPort. The PowerLite 1945W, 1955 and 1965 are designed for users that need additional features such as Wi-Fi connectivity, advanced wireless security, automatic vertical and horizontal keystoning, and focus assistance.
“Epson is committed to offering projection solutions with the highest image quality and flexibility to meet the needs of all environments, and the PowerLite 1900-series was designed with small-to-medium sized boardrooms, classrooms and houses of worship in mind,” said Phong Phanel, product manager, Epson America, Inc. “The advanced image enhancement features, connectivity options and brightness available with the PowerLite 1900-series ensures customers can deliver powerful presentations that will captivate and motivate their audiences.”
The entire EPSON PowerLite 1900-series delivers a range of color and white light output lumens, features and functionality to meet a variety of presentation needs:
PowerLite 1900-Series Shared Features: The EPSON PowerLite 1900-series projectors offer several easy-to-use and versatile features designed for the classroom, boardroom and sanctuary, including:
- DisplayPort: Digital display interface for transmitting audio and video supports up to four data lanes and 1080p resolution; fiber optic cables offer longer distances than copper cables without signal degradation
- Split Screen: Gives presentation flexibility with two side-by-side windows and three layout options; video and presentation materials run simultaneously for added convenience
- Multi-PC Projection: Allows up to four computers to simultaneously project via the network with a four-way split-screen; another 28 computers can be on stand-by for amazing collaboration flexibility
- DICOM Simulation Mode3: Specialized imaging uses standardized grayscale to reproduce medical images, such as x-rays, for medical training and education
- Image Adjustment and Movie Reproduction: Leveraging home cinema technology, new Gamma and RGB image adjustments allow for brightness and color tone adjustments; Faroudja DCDi chipset enhances video quality with deinterlacing, noise reduction and improving sharpness
- Monitor and Control: EPSON Easy Management® allows for network monitoring, maintenance, and email alerts to be sent via LAN
- EPSON iProjection™: Leveraging the new EPSON iProjection app, teachers and executives can present from most iOS Apple devices running iOS 4.2 or later, including the iPad®, iPhone® and iPod touch®
Additional Features for the PowerLite 1945W, 1955 and 1965: The PowerLite 1945W, 1955 and 1965 models offer additional functionality, including:
- Secure Wireless Connection: Advanced wireless network security protocols including WEP, WPA, WPA2
- Screen-Fit: Fits the image into a framed screen automatically
- Real-time Keystoning: Projector detects and adjusts both vertical and horizontal keystoning to display a rectangular screen
- Focus Assistance: Projector displays striped pattern to assist with focus and auto-detects and displays optimum focus for installer
- Schedule Function: Projector has internal clock that can be set when the projector turns on and off or switches to ECO mode, saving money and manpower
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all EPSON projectors.
Availability and Support
The EPSON PowerLite 1900-series projectors will be available in May 2012 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line via a phone card included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors or www.epsonbrighterfutures.com.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a product line-up ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for enterprise and the home, to sensors and other microdevices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 78,000 employees in 99 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. To learn more about Epson, please visit: http://global.epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook
(http://facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica and http://twitter.com/EpsonEducation) and YouTube (http://youtube.com/EpsonTV).
# # #
* Estimated street price with a standard lens
RSS Feeds | Advertise | Dealer Registration | Mfg Registration | Policies | About Us | Contact Us4/22/2018 - 07:58 AM PST | ©1999-2018 ProjectorCentral.com
Copyright Permissions | School Donations | Lost & Found | Site Guide | Support Us
FAQ | Buy Local | Home Theater Resources | Classroom Resources | Creative Projection Videos
Two Camera Guys | HDTV Solutions | Big Screen Forums