HOME > Press Releases > Epson Introduces Bright, Powerful, Ultra-Portable PowerLite 1700-Series Wireless Projectors
P R E S S R E L E A S E
Epson Introduces Bright, Powerful, Ultra-Portable PowerLite 1700-Series Wireless ProjectorsStarting at $649, the new PowerLite 1700 Series Delivers High Color Brightness and Added Features in Slim Form Factor
LAS VEGAS (InfoComm, Booth #C6829) – June 13, 2012 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced its new line of EPSON® PowerLite® 1700-series projectors – sleek models that weigh less than four pounds and are as thin as a laptop at 1.7-inches tall. Designed for mobile professionals and corporations, the PowerLite 1751, 1761W, 1771W, and 1776W deliver high color brightness and new features including HDMI connectivity on all models and advanced wireless capabilities.
“The next-generation PowerLite 1700-series are ultra-slim at 1.7-inches tall, incredibly portable at 3.7 pounds and deliver extremely powerful features,” said Brian Savarese, product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. “Easy setup, wireless options, HDMI, and EPSON iProjection™ compatibility bring new solutions to road warriors who need presentation tools with convenience and smart design, without sacrificing performance. Presenters can be confident the feature-packed PowerLite 1700-series will deliver, whether on the road or around the office.”
The PowerLite 1751 ($649*) and 1761W ($799*) offer 2,600 lumens of color brightness and 2600 lumens of white brightness2, and the PowerLite 1771W ($999*) and 1776W ($1,099*) offer 3,000 lumens of color brightness and 3,000 lumens of white brightness. The Society for Information Display (SID) recently published the IDMS – a collection of about 200 scientifically developed measurement methodologies for projectors and other display technologies. Among them is an important metric – color light output – that allows consumers to evaluate a projector’s ability to deliver color by measuring the brightness of colors (“color brightness”)3. In addition, the PowerLite 1751 features XGA resolution, while the PowerLite 1761W, 1771W and 1776W all feature WXGA widescreen resolution (16:10 aspect ratio) for use with widescreen media and laptops. Connectivity and Setup
The PowerLite 1700-series offers a variety of connectivity and setup features for use in a wide range of meeting spaces, including:
- HDMI Connectivity: All models include an all-digital HDMI connection for high quality video and digital audio
- Wireless Networking: The PowerLite 1761W, 1771W and 1776W allow for wireless presentations with audio using the 802.11 b/g/n module via a PC or Mac; leveraging Epson’s iProjection app, road warriors can present from most iOS Apple devices running iOS 4.2 or later, including the iPad®, iPhone® and iPod touch®, as well as Android devices starting in July 2012
- USB Plug ‘n Play: Instantly projects images, transmits audio and controls the presentation from either a Windows® PC or Mac via a single USB connection; allows for easier set up and eliminates the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer function keys
- PC-Free Presentations: Offers convenient connectivity with USB memory devices such as a thumb drive for easily viewing and sharing pictures without a computer
- Quick-Connect Wireless USB key: Included with the PowerLite 1776W, easy plug and play wireless presentations are possible by simply inserting the Quick-Connect wireless USB Key into the projector (first time setup only) and then into the PC; the Quick-Connect USB Key automatically creates an ad-hoc wireless connection to the projector for instantaneous use and can be shared between computers for multiple presenters
- Keystone Correction: Squares the image even if the projector is placed off-center from the screen – all four models feature automatic vertical keystone correction; the PowerLite 1775W adds automatic horizontal keystone correction, increasing the projector’s versatility and ease of use setup
- Screen Fit: The PowerLite 1776W automatically adjusts keystone and focus to fill the screen size that is being used
- Positioning Flexibility: 1.2x zoom requires a shorter throw distance, allowing for the projection of large images in smaller rooms; a 60-inch image can be projected from a distance of approximately four feet away
This ultra-portable series from Epson also include several features and controls to ensure professionals can deliver presentations worry-free:
- Sleek, Lightweight and Travel Friendly: With a state-of-the-art design, these new projectors offer a sleek look and lightweight design in both black and white options and include a soft carrying case and remote control
- Instant Off®: Enables presenters to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and allows them to be up and running in only five seconds between pressing the “Power” button and the appearance of the start-up screen
- EasyMP® Monitor and Control: When connected to a network the PowerLite 1761W, 1771W and 1776W offer monitoring and control, virtual remote control, and presentation via IP network capabilities for a variety of presentation and audience needs
- Extended Lamp Life: The lamp life can last up to 4,000 hours4 in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy-efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness5
Availability and Support
The PowerLite 1700-series are currently available through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, distribution, and are part of Epson ImageWaySM Partner Program. The PowerLite 1751 and 1761W can also be purchased at select retailers.
Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty that includes two elite technical support services – EPSON PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line via a phone card included with the product, and a Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and 3LCD projectors to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 75,000 employees in 97 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. To learn more about Epson, please visit http://global.epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica and http://twitter.com/EpsonEducation) and YouTube (http://youtube.com/EpsonTV).
# # #
* Estimated street price
1 Based upon Q1 2012 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates.
2 White and color light output will vary depending on mode selected. White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard.
3 Details on the International Display Measurement Standard and the methodology provided in the color performance specification are available, free of charge at http://www.icdm-sid.org/downloads/, or on the SID website, www.SID.org.
4 Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp Brightness decreases over time.
5 Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2012. Average of 1,122 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of five brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the five segments.
Note: EPSON, Easy MP, Instant Off, and PowerLite are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark, and EPSON iProjection is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PrivateLine is a registered trademark of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
RSS Feeds | Advertise | Dealer Registration | Policies | About Us | Contact Us2/20/2017 - 03:20 AM PST | ©1999-2017 ProjectorCentral.com
Copyright Permissions | School Donations | Lost & Found | Site Guide | Support Us
FAQ | Buy Local | Home Theater Resources | Classroom Resources | Creative Projection Videos