P R E S S R E L E A S E
Epson Introduces Professional-Grade Widescreen HD Projectors with Advanced ConnectivityNew EX Pro Series Projectors Deliver High Brightness, MHL Connectivity and Easy Setup Features for Versatile Projection Needs
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Aug. 19, 2014 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide(1), today introduced two new EX Pro series projectors, delivering high brightness and advanced connectivity options, including built-in wireless projection(2) and Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL®) support. The new EX7235 Pro ($649*) and EX7230 Pro ($599*) are designed for meeting rooms with ambient light and deliver WXGA resolution for widescreen HD presentations, 3,000 lumens of color light output and 3,000 lumens of white light output(3), and a simple setup suite to ensure flexible placement in virtually any room.
“With high brightness, state-of-the-art connectivity and reliable 3-chip 3LCD technology, the Epson EX Pro series brings meeting room projection to the next level,” said Eric Uaje, associate product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. “With a range of features such as wireless connectivity and MHL, users can easily connect to their mobile devices and enjoy the added convenience of leaving their laptops at home.”
The EX7235 Pro includes a Wi-Fi® module and a new quick connect on-screen QR code feature for easy wireless setup. To present wirelessly from mobile devices, users can take advantage of Epson’s free iProjection app(4). In addition, supporting the latest in wired connectivity, both the EX7235 Pro and EX7230 Pro include an HDMI™ port, which supports MHL, to display content from MHL-enabled smartphones and tablets.
The EX Pro series delivers a wide range of innovative features that ensure bright, vibrant images, flexible placement and fast setup, including:
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest 3-chip 3LCD technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; Epson projectors offer three times brighter colors than leading competitive projectors (5). This technology also provides an energy-efficient light engine which uses available lamp light to create stunning images, and in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness(6)
- Easy Image Adjustments: Automatic vertical correction and Easy-Slide horizontal image correction ensure correctly proportioned images from virtually anywhere in the room
- Wireless Connectivity: Connect directly to a laptop, smartphone or tablet wirelessly with the included wireless LAN module, as well as connect wirelessly to a network for easy presenting and projector monitoring and control(2)
- Epson iProjection™: Leverage the free Epson iProjection app to present from Apple® devices running iOS 4.2 or later, or AndroidTM devices running Android 2.3 or later(4)
- QR Code Connection(7): Epson’s new quick connect on-screen QR code provides access to content from smartphones and tablets; simply turn the projector on, use the free Epson iProjection app(4) to scan the on-screen QR code and be instantly connected to share content
- HDMI Connectivity: Allows for audio and high quality HD video content in one cable; compatible with laptops, Blu-Ray Disc®, media players, and MHL-enabled devices
- MHL: Allows users to leave the laptop at home and display content directly from an MHL-enabled smartphone or tablet; conveniently control MHL-enabled devices with projector remote control and charge devices while they’re connected to the projector
- Quick Control: Instant Off® quickly powers down the projector with no cool down time; Sleep Mode (A/V Mute) pauses the presentation without turning off the projector; and Direct Power Off/On delivers wall switch power control
Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
Availability and Support
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
* MSRP; dealer prices may vary
1- Based upon Q1 2014 worldwide front projection market share estimates from PMA Research.
Note: EPSON and Instant Off are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark and Epson iProjection is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
RSS Feeds | Advertise | Dealer Registration | Mfg Registration | Policies | About Us | Contact Us4/30/2017 - 12:17 AM PST | ©1999-2017 ProjectorCentral.com
Copyright Permissions | School Donations | Lost & Found | Site Guide | Support Us
FAQ | Buy Local | Home Theater Resources | Classroom Resources | Creative Projection Videos