P R E S S R E L E A S E
New JVC 4K D-ILA Projector Features Laser Light Source For High Brightness and Long Life
DALLAS, September 15, 2016 – JVC today announced a 4K home theater projector that features a new native 4K D-ILA device and a laser light source with dynamic light control to deliver high brightness and high contrast images.
The new flagship JVC DLA-RS4500 combines a JVC-developed native 4K D-ILA device with the company’s proprietary BLU-Escent™ laser phosphor light source to deliver a brightness level of 3000 lumens and 20,000 hours of operational life. In addition, the new laser light source offers dynamic light source control for the highest native contrast available. To further ensure that the projector delivers bright, high-quality 4K images, it features HDR compatibility, a new high-resolution lens developed specifically for 4K applications, and a new Cinema Filter for a wide color gamut.
The main features of the new JVC DLA-RS4500 are:
1. Native 4096 x 2160 4K D-ILA Device
2. BLU-Escent Laser Light Source
3. Dynamic Light Source Control
4. Wide Color Gamut
5. New High Resolution Lens Developed in conjunction with the new 4K D-ILA device was a new 18-element, 16-group all-glass lens with full aluminum lens barrel. A new 100mm diameter lens is used for best light efficiency and to project 4K resolution to every corner of the screen. This compares to 65mm diameter designs used in other JVC projectors. The new lens offers an expanded shift range of ±100 percent vertical and ±43 percent horizontal. In addition, by adopting five anomalous dispersion lenses we are able to reduce chromatic aberration and color fringing to deliver precise projection of 4K resolution graphics.
6. HDR Compatibility
7. New Design
1. The DLA-RS4500 is undergoing relentless THX laboratory testing to become the world’s first THX Certified 4K projector. (pending certification)
2.Two full speed full spec 18Gbps HDMI inputs with HDR and HDCP2.2
3.JVC’s Multiple Pixel Control employs a new algorithm optimized for the new 4K device to produce detailed images even when converted from Full HD images.
4.The DLA-RS4500 features JVC’s original blur reduction technology, Clear Motion Drive, which is compatible with 4K60p (4:4:4), and Motion Enhance, which minimizes motion blur by optimizing the D-ILA driver. These two technologies, working together, result in a smooth and detailed image.
5.Onboard Screen Modes that optimize color and performance for different screen materials.
6.Low Latency Mode, which decreases input lags from the source.
7.Ten preset installation modes that combine settings for Lens Memory, Pixel Adjust, Screen Mask and other parameters to easily tailor settings to each installation.
The JVC DLA-RS4500 Reference Series projector will be available in December for $34,999.95.
More information is available on the DLA-RS4500 web page.
About JVCKENWOOD USA Corporation
RSS Feeds | Advertise | Dealer Registration | Mfg Registration | Policies | About Us | Contact Us3/24/2018 - 10:43 PM PST | ©1999-2018 ProjectorCentral.com
Copyright Permissions | School Donations | Lost & Found | Site Guide | Support Us
FAQ | Buy Local | Home Theater Resources | Classroom Resources | Creative Projection Videos
Two Camera Guys | HDTV Solutions | Big Screen Forums