P R E S S R E L E A S E
New JVC D-ILA Projectors Feature 4K e-shift5 For Improved 4K Content Display, Plus Upgraded HDR Performance
SAN DIEGO, September 7, 2017 – JVC today announced a new line of custom installation projectors that features an upgrade of the company’s unique e-shift technology and enhanced HDR functions that allow the image to be fine-tuned for specific viewing environments.
The new line is comprised of six projectors, plus a special limited edition D-ILA Anniversary model to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the D-ILA device. The new projectors deliver a performance boost thanks to 4K e-shift5 technology, which features a new algorithm that optimizes the fine detail that 4K delivers, and improved HDR functionality that allows the projectors to deliver brighter and more dynamic HDR content.
JVC’s 2018 projectors are the Procision Series DLA-X990RBK, DLA-X790RBK, DLA-X590RBK, and the Reference Series DLA-RS640K, DLA-RS540K and the DLA-RS440K. The limited edition model is the DLA-20LTD.
The main features of the new JVC D-ILA projectors are:
1. Refined JVC proprietary 4K e-shift5 technology
2. Dynamic HDR Function
Brightness levels and native contrast for the new projectors are:
Brightness (lm) Native Contrast Ratio
DLA-X990RBK/RS640K 2,000 160,000:1
Unlike direct view displays where screen size and brightness are specified and fixed, projectors require adjustment in order to reproduce the PQ curve adopted by HDR 10. JVC projectors handle this by offering an Auto Switching HDR Picture mode and gamma adjustment, and now on two models – the DLA-X990RBK/RS640K and DLA-X790RBK/RS540K – also offers two color profiles, one prioritizing brightness and the other prioritizing color. These can be selected to best suit the viewing environment.
Also to help customers adjust the projector, the mastering information (Maximum Content Light Level/Maximum Frame Average Light Level)* included in HDR content such as UHD Blu-ray will be shown on the OSD information screen. (*Depending on content and player, info may not be displayed.)
3. Multiple Pixel Control
4. Low Latency Mode
5. 18Gbps Full 4K transmission with HDCP 2.2
1. THX 3D Certification (DLA-X990RBK/RS640K, DLA-X790RBK/RS540K).
2. Two blur reduction technologies: Clear Motion Drive, which is compatible with video signals up to 4K/60 4:4:4, and Motion Enhance, which optimally drives the D-ILA device.
3. Six-Axis color management.
4. Auto Calibration Function that can, with the use of a widely available third party optical sensor, automatically calibrate the image to optimize the picture for various environments. In addition, this can also compensate for the changing color balance that occurs with long-term projector usage so the projector can continue to deliver optimal performance.
5. Onboard Screen Adjust Mode, which easily optimizes color and performance, is offered for an expanded list of screens from a variety of manufacturers.
6. Two memory settings for the pixel adjustment function, which offers fine adjustments in 1/16 pixel units.
D-ILA 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Projector
The 2018 JVC D-ILA projectors will be available in October at the following prices:
About JVCKENWOOD USA Corporation
RSS Feeds | Advertise | Dealer Registration | Mfg Registration | Policies | About Us | Contact Us11/24/2017 - 06:04 PM PST | ©1999-2017 ProjectorCentral.com
Copyright Permissions | School Donations | Lost & Found | Site Guide | Support Us
FAQ | Buy Local | Home Theater Resources | Classroom Resources | Creative Projection Videos
Two Camera Guys | HDTV Solutions | Big Screen Forums