P R E S S R E L E A S E
Epson Introduces Its Flagship Pro Cinema 1080p Home Theater ProjectorNew Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 Delivers Unprecedented Combination of Video Technologies, Including Epson's Revolutionary C2 Fine 3LCD Chips
LONG BEACH, Calif., Nov. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Epson America is introducing a new flagship home theater projector that is uniquely engineered to maximize the benefits of 1080p, the industry's highest definition video signal to date. Epson is currently the number one selling brand of front projectors worldwide(1) and the new Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 builds on that position using a seamless combination of projection technologies that produces an immersive big-screen experience like no other. These technologies include Epson's new 1080p (1,920 x 1,080) native resolution C2 Fine 3LCD chips, OptiCinema optics, E-TORL lamp, 1080Perfect(TM) Video Processor, and Absolute Black technology. Priced at $4,999 (estimated street price), the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 will be available in January 2007 through CEDIA dealers.
"One of the primary reasons Epson is the number one projector company in the world is because Epson develops and manufactures virtually all of the major technologies that go into every one of its projectors," said Aaron Marinari, senior product manager, Epson America. "And, because Epson knows how to integrate all of those elements into one cohesive system better than anyone else, the PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 will establish a new standard for 1080p projection."
The Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 is ISF(TM)-certified, ensuring it meets the home theater industry's highest standards for video fidelity and calibration. It also takes advantage of five core Epson technologies that are critical to projecting industry-leading image quality:
* Epson's breakthrough C2 Fine(TM) 3LCD(TM) Technology is a three-chip high definition system that produces full-time color with dramatically higher contrast ratios.
* The AccuCinema Lens maintains superior picture integrity from corner to corner. Epson's 1080Perfect(TM) Video Processing is optimized to reproduce images without noise and artifacts, while maintaining the full integrity of the signal.
* Epson Absolute Black Technology also helps to deliver dramatically high contrast ratios (up to 12,000:1) adding depth to images for the most captivating scenes possible.
* Epson is the only projector manufacturer that develops and uses its own lamp technology. Epson's exclusive E-TORL Lamp is engineered to project light more efficiently, and to maximize brightness and uniformity across the entire screen.
About Epson 3LCD -- "A Better Way to See"
Note: Epson and Epson PowerLite are registered trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation. Epson 1080Perfect(TM) is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these trademarks.
(1) Based upon Q3 2006 worldwide front projection market share estimates
from Pacific Media Resources.
RSS Feeds | Advertise | Dealer Registration | Mfg Registration | Policies | About Us | Contact Us10/24/2017 - 04:51 AM PST | ©1999-2017 ProjectorCentral.com
Copyright Permissions | School Donations | Lost & Found | Site Guide | Support Us
FAQ | Buy Local | Home Theater Resources | Classroom Resources | Creative Projection Videos
Two Camera Guys | HDTV Solutions | Big Screen Forums