Editor's Choice Award
Our Editor's Choice award goes to products that dramatically exceed expectations for performance, value, or cutting-edge design.
Editor's Note: The LG Electronics CineBeam AU810PB, priced at $3,999 MSRP, is a near-identical sibling to the LG Electronics CineBeam HU810PW priced at $2,999 MSRP. Both use the same 0.47-inch DLP XPR imaging device to achieve 3840x2160 UHD resolution on screen, and a laser light engine rated for 2,700 ANSI lumens light output and 20,000 hours of life.The video performance of both projectors is the same and reflected in our written and video reviews of the LG CineBeam HU810PW found here.
As described in our review, the key differences between the two projectors are as follows:
- The AU810PB is targeted at the AV integrator/installer distribution channel, while the HU810PW is targeted for direct sales to consumers.
- The AU810PB has a black cabinet instead of the HU810PW's white cabinet.
- The AU810PB has additional connections and control options not offered on the HU810PW including an RS-232C serial port, a 12V trigger output, and IP control via the wired RJ45 network connection that is found on both projectors.
- The AU810PB, like some of LG's panel televisions, offers compatibility with WiSA wireless speakers. Its USB port supports connection of a third-party WiSA transmitter for setup of up to a 5.1-channel wireless audio system that can be controlled from the projector's menu.
- The AU810PB, also like some of LG's panel TVs, supports AutoCal by Calman, which automatically calibrates the projector's image in conjunction with the appropriate Calman software from Portrait Displays and an ancillary color meter and signal generator.
- LG offers a 2-year warranty for the AU810PB vs. 1-year for the HU810PW.
Both models of this projector carry ProjectorCentral's Editor's Choice Award designation. They share similar star ratings in all categories except for Value, where the AU810PB has been awarded 4.5 stars vs. the HU810PW's 5 stars.—Rob Sabin
Want more articles like this?
Subscribe to get ProjectorCentral's comprehensive coverage of projector tech delivered directly to your inbox.
For more detailed specifications and connections, check out our LG CineBeam AU810PB projector page.