Optoma Launches CinemaX P1
Ultra-Short Throw Entertainment System
In what is surely its most anticipated product introduction of the year, Optoma is set to begin shipping its CinemaX P1 Smart 4K UHD Laser Cinema Projector.
Priced at $3,299 and available by mid-month, the P1 is an all-in-one entertainment system that combines a space-saving ultra-short throw projector, a premium soundbar designed by Optoma's sister audio company NuForce, and an integrated smart TV platform that facilitates both internet streaming and smarthome control.
By delivering a striking UHD image of up to 120 inches diagonal size and robust sound quality from the same easy-to-install projector, Optoma is hoping to convince TV purchasers to skip the 75-inch flat-panel in favor of a more cinematic, bigscreen experience. The company is one of several manufacturers embracing the nascent UST home theater market this year with new models designed to specifically address the performance requirements of consumer displays.
Measuring in at just 22 inches wide and rated for a bright 3,000 ANSI lumens from its lamp-free laser light engine and DLP XPR chip, the compact P1 is spec'd for image sizes from 85- to 120-inch diagonal. Its 0.25:1 fixed glass lens can throw a 120-inch image from approximately 26 inches away from the screen, or a 100-inch image from about 22 inches. Although the steep angle of projection can make initial setup challenging with any UST projector, Optoma has addressed this with a clever SmartFIT phone app that allows the phone's camera to identify the borders of the screen and then automatically snaps the image into place. The projector is compatible with the latest UHD-resolution HDR content and offers wide color gamut.
Optoma has also incorporated its latest Smart+ operating sytem in the P1, which facilitates Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for projector voice control and smart home device control, as well as support of device and services automation through the IFTTT platform. Voice commands allow powering the projector up or down, control of volume and transport functions of streamed content, and more. Popular streaming services supported include Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu.
The integrated, 40-watt soundbar features a pair of full-range aluminum stereo drivers, as well as two supporting woofers, and uses isolated speaker enclosures to optimize the audio performance. Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital+ decoding is on board, and there's a dedicated subwoofer output to add extra bass support to the system.
The CinemaX P1 was first shown in January at CES 2019, then at InfoComm in June, where ProjectorCentral awarded it with our Best of Show honors. Here's a full list of features:
- Resolution: 4K UHD (3,840 x 2,160)
- Lumens: 3,000 ANSI lumens
- Contrast: Up to 1,500,000 with Dynamic Black enabled
- Color: REC.2020, DCI-P3 wide color gamut, HDR10 compatible
- Throw Ratio: 0.25:1
- Image size: 85"- 120"
- Audio: NuForce 40W Dolby Digital 2.0 soundbar with 2 full range drivers, 2 woofers and isolated and ported chambers
- Integrated 4K Media Player with robust codec and container support - including MKV, MP4, Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus
- Video Streaming: Available Optoma Marketplace with access to YouTube 4K, Netflix (480p), Hulu (480p), Amazon Prime Video (480p), CNBC, TED TV, NBA TV, CNBC, BBC and more
- Smart+ Technology: Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT integration
- SmartFIT app: Auto geometry correction system for iOS and Android; Optional 81 point manual adjustment
- OS: Android 8.0 / Oreo
- Remote Control: Bluetooth smart home remote with air mouse
- HDMI-ARC for streamlined setups and reduced cable clutter with popular 5.1 soundbars
- Connections: 1x HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 2.2), 1x HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 2.2, HDMI-ARC), 1x HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 2.2, side), 1x USB 2.0 (4K media player), USB 2.0 power (side), USB (service), optical S/PDIF out, audio out (3.5mm, subwoofer compatible), RJ45
You support ProjectorCentral when you buy
the Optoma CinemaX P1 from these
by email direct from Optoma dealers
Get an E-Z Quote