Epson BrightLink 436Wi
Interactive WXGA Projector
Bright image with a range of brightness levels. The 436Wi came in at 3102 lumens on our tests, or 103% of the 3000 lumen rating. That's easily bright enough for the claimed maximum 116" image to stand up to brighter than usual ambient light in an office or classroom. For smaller screen sizes or lower light levels, other presets range from 1573 to 2051 lumens. In addition, Eco mode lowered brightness by about 34% in our tests, to 2049 lumens for the brightest mode.
Good brightness uniformity. With its measured 72% brightness uniformity, the 436Wi did a relatively good job maintaining uniform brightness across the screen. More important than the raw number is that the brightest and dimmest areas were far enough apart, and the change gradual enough, so the difference was hard to see even on a solid white screen, and impossible to see on a screen broken up with graphics and text.
Good connectivity. The 436Wi offers almost any connector you're likely to need.
- 1 HDMI
- 2 VGA IN (for RGB or component)
- 1 S-video
- 1 RCA composite
- 1 USB A (for document camera or directly reading files from USB key)
- 1 VGA OUT (monitor loop-through)
- 1 USB B (settable for interactive control, USB display with audio plus interactive control, or mouse control from the remote plus USB display with audio.) 1 LAN (for image and audio data and network control)
- 2 Stereo mini plugs (each paired with one VGA)
- 1 RCA stereo IN (paired with S-Video and composite video)
- 1 Microphone mini plug stereo input
- 1 Mini plug stereo OUT
- 1 RS-232 (for external control)
- 1 Wireless 802.11 b/g/n port (for image and audio data and network control)
|Review Contents:||Introduction||Strong Points||Testing||Limitations and Conclusion|