Want a projector that runs 100% maintenance free for 20,000 hours and saves you money up front also? Then check out the new Hitachi LP-WU3500, which at $4,599 is currently the least expensive 1920x1200 projector with a 20,000 hour LED light engine on the market. The added advantage is that its sealed light engine is filter free and requires no maintenance for the life of the product.
Key features for the LP-WU3500 include:
- 1920x1200 WUXGA native resolution
- 20,000 hour LED life
- Dust-resistant, sealed optical engine for 24/7 maintenance-free operation
- 5-year/20,000 hour warranty
- 3,500 ANSI lumens
- High Lumen Density (HLD) LED: Uses high brightness red and blue LEDs plus blue LED light channeled into a phosphor rod to achieve high brightness green.
- 1.7x zoom lens for a 1.2 - 2.3 throw ratio
- Manual horizontal and vertical lens shift
- Digital inputs: 2 HDMI, 1 with MHL, 1 HDBaseT
- Quiet operation: As low as 21dB
- 360 degree and Portrait mode operation
- Supports Crestron Roomview and AMX; is Extron XTP Certified
- Edge blending
- Geometric Correction
- +/- 30 degree horizontal and vertical keystone
- HDCR (High Dynamic Contrast Range)provides better contrast with ambient light
- Constant Mode maintains fixed brightness for the entire 20,000 hour LED lifetime
The Hitachi LP-WU3500 offers a long list of notable features including several that make it particularly well suited for 24/7, heavy-duty use. Chief among these are the dust-resistant design for the optical engine. Hitachi says it allows maintenance-free operation for the full 20,000-hour lifetime of the LED light source. And it backs up the claim with a 5-year, 20,000 hour warranty.
The LP-WU3500's low maintenance, flexible setup, and quiet operation--as low as 21 dB--make it a strong candidate for higher-ed classrooms, conference rooms, sports bars, and museum display. It is particularly suite to retail and museum signs and displays, where its support for 360 degree orientation and portrait mode--along with the 1.7x zoom lens and vertical + horizontal lens shift--will enable it to be easily installed in a wide variety of spaces.
Beyond that, edge blending lets the LP-WU3500 create large, high resolution images with multiple projectors, and the geometric correction lets it project onto spheres, curved surfaces, or even two walls that meet at a corner. The Constant Mode keeps the light output of the multiple projectors in balance throughout their entire life.
In the end, the aggressively priced Hitachi WU3500 projector combines 20,000 hours of 24/7 maintenance-free operation, a flexible 1.7x zoom and H+V lens shift, and a 5-year warranty -- a value proposition certain to attract a lot of attention.
For more detailed specifications and connections, check out our Hitachi LP-WU3500 projector page.