How to change the lamp on your projector
- Step 1. Unplug the power cord from your projector and let the lamp cool down.
- Step 2. Locate the lamp access panel on your projector and remove the screws and access panel.
- Step 3. Remove any screws holding the lamp housing into the projector.
- Step 4. Reach in and firmly pull the lamp housing out of the projector.
- Step 5. Place the new lamp housing into the projector in the same orientation as you removed the old lamp.
- Step 6. Wiggle the lamp into place and make sure full contact is made inside of the projector.
- Step 7. Replace the lamp mounting screws to secure the lamp into the projector.
- Step 8. Replace the lamp access panel and secure the screws.
- Step 9. Plug in your projector and power it on.
- Step 10. Reset the lamp counter. Some lamps will reset the lamp counter automatically when a new lamp is placed in. If your projector needs the lamp counter manually reset, look through the projector menus for an option to reset the 'Lamp Counter' back to 0 hours.
Video instructions for changing a projector lamp
Refer to this video for visual steps on replacing a projector lamp.