Mitsubishi HC6000 Home Theater Projector
Last year Mitsubishi made strong competitive moves into the home theater market with the release of two new home theater projectors, the HC5000 1080p projector at $4,495, and the aggressively low priced HD1000 720p projector. Both of these models brought exceptional video quality to new low price levels, and substantially improved the strength of the Mitsubishi brand in the world of home theater projectors. This year the company has been making incremental refinements on those exceptional products accompanied by further price reductions. The new HC6000 is basically an HC5000 with the following improvements:
1. Contrast is increased from 10,000:1 to 13,000:1.
2. Dynamic iris speed is improved to virtually eliminate lag time in adjusting to changing luminance from scene to scene.
3. The DVI input on the HC5000 has been replaced with a second HDMI port. The remote now has two HDMI source buttons rather than one HDMI and one DVI.
4. HDMI 1.3 compatibility has been added. (HC5000 was v. 1.2.)
5. Power zoom and focus now includes a "fine-step" option for changing zoom and focus in small increments.
6. Vertical keystone correction has been added.
7. A secondary external air filter has been added.
8. The menu display has larger fonts.
9. Official price is reduced from $4,495 to $3,995. (Consult Mitsubishi dealers for actual street prices).
ANSI lumens: 1000
Contrast (full on/off): 13,000:1
Light Engine: 1920x1080, native 16:9, 0.74" three-panel inorganic LCD, Micro Lens, with 160W UHP lamp.
Video Compatibility: 1080p/60/50/24, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i. NTSC/PAL/SECAM.
Data Compatibility: Computer resolutions up to SXGA 1280x1024
Connection Panel: Two HDMI 1.3 ports, one 15-pin VGA, one 3-RCA component input, one s-video, one composite, one 12V trigger, one 9-pin DSub serial port.
Lens and Throw Distance: 1.60:1 power zoom/focus lens with vertical and horizontal powered lens shift. Throws a 100" diagonal 16:9 image from 10.1' to 16.5'
Lamp Life: 2,000 hours, 5,000 hours in eco-mode
Warranty: Two years.
|Review Contents:||Specifications||Overview||HC6000 vs HC5000||Competition|