TOSHIBA ANNOUNCES MULTIMEDIA PROJECTOR FOR LARGE PRESENTATION HALLS
Priced at $2,679, TDP-T420U Projector Offers 4,000 ANSI Lumens and Multimedia Capabilities
The Toshiba TDP-T420U projector is ideal for large venue presenters who demand quality, versatility and performance at an affordable price. Weighing under 10-pounds, the high-brightness TDP-T420U projector features DLP® technology, 4,000 ANSI lumens, native XGA 1024 x 768 resolution, and 2000:1 contrast ratio to deliver bright, captivating images for installation or on-the-go. The projector is bright enough for presentations in rooms where the lights must be left on for note taking or to accommodate difficult lighting situations.
“With its high-brightness display, a multitude of connectivity options and a price within reach, the TDP-T420U projector offers corporations, educational institutions and houses of worship presentation versatility at a tremendous value,” said Jeff Barney, vice president and general manager, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. “The new TDP-T420U projector gives professional installers the option of adding long and short throw lens options.”
The Toshiba TDP-T420U is intelligently designed with DLP® technology to deliver exceptional image quality and crisp, clear pictures and bright, rich colors. Unlike many projectors on the market, this Toshiba DLP projector is filter-free. This design feature keeps damaging dust particles from collecting on imaging elements and therefore may reduce the total cost of ownership by requiring one less part to replace, less maintenance and by extending the projector’s lamp life.
The Toshiba TDP-T420U projector also includes the following leading-edge features:
• Toshiba’s unique Natural Color Enhancer4 color correction circuitry,
delivering exceptionally sharp and vivid images that more closely match
original presentation colors;
• “Blackboard” function with wall color adjustment. Simply select a wall color, such as green, black, brown, blue or beige, for a clearer display on non-screen surfaces;
• A fully-loaded presentation remote control with laser pointer ensures worryfree, professional presentations even in the most unforgiving environments;
• Digital zoom function on the remote control allows the presenter to zoom in on a specific image or presentation element, such as spreadsheet numbers or other important details;
• Password protection and key-lock function to help prevent unauthorized use;
• HDTV/DTV compatible;
• A special monitor output connector allows users to view presentations from an external display in addition to what is projected on the screen;
• Instant power shut down capability that enables the projector to power off instantly once disconnected from the power outlet with no cool-down time required;
• Automatic digital keystone correction system, allowing presenters to adjust errors quickly and easily for a proportional, squared display;
• Auto set which allows users to automatically synchronize the setting between their PCs and the projector;
• Whisper-quiet operation of only 29 decibels (dB) (in low mode) – quieter than a soft conversation;
• In addition, the projector features convenient lamp access on the top panel for easy lamp replacement, even when the projector is ceiling mounted.
The Toshiba TDP-T420U will be available in July 2008 through Toshiba’s authorized distributors, VARs, mail-order outlets and www.toshibadirect.com.
Toshiba strongly believes in corporate social responsibility and is committed to taking certain actions to help protect the environment. Toshiba has set an environmental goal to double its ecological efficiency by 2010, while currently manufacturing its products to meet the Restriction on Hazardous Substances (3) standard (RoHS). All Toshiba projectors are RoHS-compatible, reducing harmful environmental effects by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of four business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Storage Device Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide mobile products and solutions, including industry leading portable computers; projectors; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for automotive, computer and consumer electronics applications; and telephony equipment and associated applications.
TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of information products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, which is a global leader in high technology and integrated manufacturing of electrical and electronic components, products and systems, as well as major infrastructure systems. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 740 companies, with 198,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing $76 billion. For more information on Toshiba's leading innovations, visit the company's Web site at www.toshiba.com.
1 Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means “Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price.”
2 Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba’s standard limited warranties are available at www.warranty.toshiba.com.
3 RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC, Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS), which restricts use of lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, PBB, and PBDE. Toshiba requires its projector component suppliers to meet RoHS requirements and verifies its suppliers' commitment to meeting RoHS requirements by conducting component sampling inspections during the product design approval process.
© 2008 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. DLP® is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. While Toshiba has made every effort at the time of publication to ensure the accuracy of the information provided herein, product specifications, configurations, prices, system/component/options availability are all subject to change without notice.