P R E S S R E L E A S E
EPSON DELIVERS MORE BANG FOR THE SCHOOL BUDGET BUCK WITH NEW MULTIMEDIA PROJECTORSThe Budget-Friendly PowerLite S7, 79 and W7 Deliver Simplicity and Flexibility to Meet the Demands of the Classroom
“Epson continuously strives to bring feature-rich projectors to the education market that are easy to use and affordable in today’s shrinking education budgets, and these new additions are certainly proof of that,” said Sara Kim, associate product manager, Epson Projection, Epson America. “This new line of entry-level projectors is arguably the best on the market with features that are designed specifically around the needs of today’s K-12 classrooms.”
The Epson PowerLite S7 features 2,300 lumens color light output and 2,300 lumens white light output and SVGA (800 x 600) resolution. Both, the PowerLite 79 and W7 offer 2,200 lumens color light output and 2,200 lumens white light output; the PowerLite 79 features XGA resolution while the PowerLite W7 offers WXGA resolution (16:10 aspect ratio) and is fully compatible with widescreen notebooks. In addition, all three projectors are only 5.1 pounds, which is 30 percent smaller than their highly successful predecessors. The reduced weight and more compact designs associated with these models make them more ideal for portable use throughout schools or can be mounted easily to classroom ceilings.
More about the PowerLite S7, 79 and W7:
The new suite of projectors offers several classroom-centric features, including:
• Extended Lamp Life: Epson’s exclusive E-TORL® lamp technology offers more lumens (brightness) per watt than lamps used with competitive projection technology offering similar lumens specification, leading to increased energy efficiency and cost savings over time; using E-TORL, lamp life can last up to 4,000 hours in economy mode, and replacement E-TORL lamps cost up to $200 less than competing replacement lamps
• USB Plug ‘n Play Connectivity: Epson’s proprietary technology offers a unique USB connection for “plug-and-play” projection, which allows users to set up and run presentations easier and quicker by eliminating the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and screws and toggling between computer keys
• Added Connectivity: New audio-out connectivity provides the ability to connect to an external audio device
• Closed Captioning: Built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments with no added cost, and helps meet section 508 compliance
• Epson 3LCD Technology: Features Epson’s latest, 3-chip 3LCD optical engine to deliver amazing color and detail for powerful presentations
• Setup Flexibility: Keystone correction with 1.35x digital zoom on the PowerLite S7 and 1.2x optical zoom on the PowerLite 79 and W7 for easy and convenient operation in multiple classroom settings
• A/V Mute Slide: Instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy; the projector enters A/V Mute mode when the lens cover is closed and returns to normal mode automatically and immediately upon reopening the lens cover
All three projectors are part of Epson’s Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative that is available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Pricing, Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite S7 ($549*), 79 ($649*) and W7 ($749*) projectors will be available in October 2009 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange typically in one business day. For additional information about the new PowerLite projectors, visit www.epsonbrighterfutures.com.
About Epson America
Epson America, Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation (SEC) and is a leading provider of digital imaging products that exceed the vision of its customers. The company is a global manufacturer and supplier of an extensive range of high quality printers, 3LCD projectors and small- and medium-sized LCDs which were designed for functionality, compactness, and energy efficiency. The Seiko Epson organization is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and was recently added to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria.
Note: Epson and E-TORL are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PowerLite and Brighter Futures are registered trademarks of Epson America Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
* Estimated street price
1. Based upon Q1 2009 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates
2. Lamp life results will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage; lamp brightness decreases over time
3. Light output varies depending upon modes (color and white light output). White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard