P R E S S R E L E A S E
Epson Announces Ultra-Bright, Ultra-Portable Projector for Under $1,000PowerLite 1716 Delivers Ease of Use, Versatility, Affordability, and Performance in Sub Four-Pound Package for On-The-Go Professionals
Designed as an affordable solution for corporate and on-the-go professionals, as well as educators, this value-priced projector offers an advanced feature set for easy set up and operation, including USB Plug ‘n Play that displays images and audio on both your computer and projector screen simply by connecting a USB cable. In addition, the PowerLite 1716 offers increased flexibility with optional wireless add-ons for advanced, quick control and connectivity.
“It can be a challenge to have presentations look as good on the road, and be as easy to set up, as they are in the office,” said Heather Gareis, senior product manager, Epson Projection, Epson America. “This projector delivers the ultimate combination of ease of use, brightness, vivid color, robust features, and portability for conference rooms, classrooms, or on-the-road, while still offering an affordable price point in order to meet today’s bottom lines.”
More about the PowerLite 1716
The Epson PowerLite 1716 offers several advanced features that enable professionals to deliver high-quality multimedia presentations whether in a conference room or on-the-road. Highlights include:
- USB Plug ‘n Play: Epson’s proprietary technology instantly projects images from a Windows® PC via a USB connection, allowing for easier set up and eliminating the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- Optional Wireless Networking: Offers quick and easy set up with EasyMP wireless module, delivering monitoring and control, virtual remote control, closed captioning, and presentation via IP network capabilities, for a variety of presentation and audience needs
- Optional Quick-Connect Wireless USB key: Provides easy plug and play wireless presentations by simply inserting the USB Key into the projector (first time setup only) and then into the notebook; the USB Key automatically reconfigures the notebook’s network settings and wirelessly connects to the projector for instantaneous use and can be shared between computers for multiple presenters
- PC-Free Presentations: Offers convenient connectivity with USB memory devices such as a thumb drive for easily viewing and sharing pictures without a computer
- Instant On/Off®: Enables presenters to be up and running in only six seconds between pressing the “Power” button and the appearance of the start-up screen; powers down in four seconds enabling presenters to unplug and pack up immediately and safely without a cool-down period
- Sleek, Lightweight and Travel Friendly: Weighs under four pounds and includes a soft carrying case and remote control; state-of-the-art black design for the road warrior
- Epson 3LCD Technology: Features Epson’s latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations
- E-TORL® Technology: In general, Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, when combined with 3LCD technology, has been shown to offer more lumens (brightness) per watt than many competitive models offering similar lumens specification; in addition, with the PowerLite 1716 specifically, E-TORL lamp life can last up to 4,000 hours(3) in economy mode
- Positioning Flexibility: Requires a shorter throw distance allowing for the projection of larger images in smaller rooms; a 60” image can be projected from a distance of approximately four feet
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 1716 will be available in October 2009 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange typically in one business day. For additional information about the new PowerLite 1716, visit www.epson.com.
About Epson America Inc.
Epson America Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation and a leading provider of digital imaging products that exceed the vision of its customers. The company’s extensive range of printers, scanners and 3 LCD projectors are renowned for their superior quality, functionality, compactness, and energy efficiency. The Seiko Epson organization is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and was recently added to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria.
Note: Epson and E-TORL are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PowerLite is a registered trademark of Epson America Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
(1) Based upon Q2 2009 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates
(2) Light output varies depending upon modes (color and white light output). White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard
(3) Lamp life results will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage; lamp brightness decreases over time