Epson Announces Four High-Performance Projectors Designed for Education
Epson PowerLite 90-Series Offers Advanced Image Quality, Robust Sound and Future-Ready Connectivity Starting at $649
"As multimedia content becomes a standard element of classrooms, Epson continues to develop products that deliver high-quality images and sound to enhance students' learning experiences," said Sara Kim, product manager, Epson America. "This series of projectors brings an ideal blend of high performance features and future-ready connectivity to the classroom at a price point that won't hurt the bottom line."
The PowerLite 92 ($649*) and 93 ($699*) offer 2400 lumens of color and white light output (2) and the PowerLite 95 ($799*) features 2600 lumens of color and white light output; all three projectors deliver XGA resolution. The PowerLite 96W ($899*) offers 2700 lumens color and white light output with WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution, allowing teachers to fully leverage widescreen notebooks or tablets and widescreen DVD content. In addition, the PowerLite 93, 95 and 96W feature network connectivity to easily monitor and control networked Epson projectors remotely. The PowerLite 95 and 96W offer even more robust network functionality including the ability to transmit both audio and video content over the IP network, as well as through an optional wireless module.
More about the PowerLite 90-series
The Epson PowerLite 92, 93, 95, and 96W provide several convenient and advanced features to improve the classroom, including:
- Increased Communication: Powerful internal 16-watt speaker fills the classroom with sound and saves on equipment costs; built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments at no added cost and helps meet ADA section 508 compliance; PowerLite 95 and 96W also offer a convenient microphone input, saving the teacher's voice and ensuring all students can hear
- Advanced Connectivity: All projectors feature HDMI digital connectivity to connect to the latest devices for high-quality video and digital audio; PowerLite 93, 95 and 96W offer RJ-45 wired LAN connectivity for remote projector management as well as use of a virtual remote control via a web browser for basic projector control from a computer instead of the projector's remote control; PowerLite 95 and 96W offer the ability to send content over the IP network as well as the ability to broadcast messages for advertising events or important instructions; PowerLite 95 and 96W deliver wireless functionality via an optional wireless module
- Teaching Aids: Pre-designed line and graph pattern templates or customizable images aid in instruction, saving valuable class time by eliminating the need for teachers to draw lines and grids on a whiteboard or blackboard
- USB Plug 'n Play: Instantly projects images, transmits audio and controls the presentation from either a Windows® PC or Mac via a single USB connection; allows for easier set up and eliminates the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- Setup Flexibility: 1.2x optical zoom and +/-30 degree automatic vertical keystone correction provide easy and convenient setup in multiple classroom settings; new +/-30 degree horizontal keystone correction provides the ultimate flexibility, allowing the projector to be placed on a table that may not be centered with the screen and still get a standard formatted image Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off® enables teachers to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in seconds; A/V Mute Slide stops the sound and picture to allow for a quick pause in the presentation
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson's exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 6,000 hours (3) in economy mode helping to maximize presentation time
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy-efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness (4)
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative that is available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 90-series will be available in March 2011 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson's PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day. For additional information about the new PowerLite projectors, visit www.epsonbrighterfutures.com.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a wide lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 80,000 employees in 102 companies around the world. Epson is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria, for the third year in a row. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
* Estimated street price
(1) Based upon Q3 2010 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates.
(2) White and color light output will vary depending on mode selected. White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard.
(3) Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp Brightness decreases over time.
(4) Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2010. Average of 910 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of five brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the five segments.
Note: Epson, E-TORL, and Instant Off are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PowerLite, PrivateLine and Brighter Futures are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.