P R E S S R E L E A S E
Epson Announces Projector With Versatile Setup and Connectivity for the Corporate and Higher Education MarketsPowerLite 1835 Delivers Brightness, Convenience and Affordability
"The PowerLite 1835 meets the installation challenges of the corporate and education markets by delivering a host of easy setup features that allow installation almost anywhere in any room," said Sean Gunduz, product manager, Epson America. "In addition, its connectivity provides compatibility with current and future IT investments, while its advanced networking makes it easy to monitor and control from anywhere in the world."
Easy Setup and Connectivity Features
The Epson PowerLite 1835 delivers setup, connectivity and networking features for any boardroom or classroom, including:
-Image Adjustment: Horizontal keystone squares the image even if the projector is placed off-center from the screen; Quick Corner® allows any four corners of an image to be adjusted independently for a perfectly rectangular picture Positioning Flexibility: 1.6x optical zoom allows for larger images from shorter throw distances and eliminates dead spaces while 16-degree tilt allows for images to be projected higher on the wall for better viewing anywhere in the room
- Advanced Connectivity: HDMI delivers high-quality digital video and audio; USB Plug 'n Play transfers image, sound and mouse control via a single cable; PC-free Presentation offers PC-less access to USB memory devices; and optional wireless connection allows for peer-to-peer presentations as well as advanced wireless networking
- Networking Capabilities: Projector can be connected to a network via RJ45 or optional wireless LAN module and run EasyMP® software for remote monitoring and controlling of the projector, as well as message broadcasting of up to 1,024 networked Epson projectors and remote presentations on up to four remote projectors
- Crestron RoomView Enabled: Ready to work with RoomView software for remote monitor and control without the need for an A/V control box
Other Added Features
The Epson PowerLite 1835 also offers the following added features and functionality:
-Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off® enables teachers to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in only five seconds; A/V Mute Slide instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy, and helping to save costs
- Powerful Communication: Built-in 16-watt speaker offers great sound and closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments, and helps meet ADA section 508 compliance
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson's exclusive E-TORL® lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 6,000 hours(3) in economy mode helping to maximize presentation time
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness(4)
Epson's Brighter Futures® program is a unique sales and support initiative that is available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 1835 will be available in March 2011 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson's PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day. For additional information about the new PowerLite projectors, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a wide lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 80,000 employees in 102 companies around the world. Epson is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria, for the third year in a row. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
* Estimated street price
(1) Based upon Q3 2010 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates
(2) White and color light output will vary depending on mode selected. White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard.
(3) Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp Brightness decreases over time.
(4) Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2010. Average of 910 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of five brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the five segments.
Note: Epson, Quick Corner, EasyMP, Instant Off, and E-TORL are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PowerLite, PrivateLine and Brighter Futures are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.