P R E S S R E L E A S E
Epson BrightLink 455Wi Interactive Projector Expands Education Possibilities with Two Ways to CollaborateBrightLink 455Wi Can Create an Interactive Learning Space on Classroom Walls or Tables
“Flexible and adaptable classroom tools are becoming increasingly important to enhancing the learning and development process,” said Claudine Wolas-Shiva, senior product manager, Epson America, Inc. “In addition to wall-mounted interactivity that has expanded educational options for teachers and students, the BrightLink 455Wi adds functionality that can create an interactive table, offering more advantages and a huge value to educators.”
The Epson BrightLink 455Wi interactive projector + pen combination is an ultra-short throw solution offering image size flexibility and advanced connectivity options to project onto a whiteboard, wall, table, or other smooth, light-colored, hard surface. BrightLink offers installation flexibility by providing a wide range of XGA and WXGA usable interactive areas, and features 2,500 lumens color and white light output(2) and native WXGA resolution (16:10 aspect ratio) for full compatibility with widescreen notebooks and visual content.
The solution includes two digital infrared pens, a new pen tray, and wall mount hardware for a great value and easy installation out of the box. An easy-to-attach table mount, which extends the BrightLink’s functionality to a standard tabletop, will be available separately(3). And due to its flexibility and compatibility with tables, the BrightLink 455Wi offers a larger interactive image area and wheelchair accessibility compared to existing interactive table solutions.
In addition, new accessories are available for the BrightLink 455Wi, providing greater versatility for the education environment. A height-adjustable mobile cart is designed specifically for an Epson ultra-short throw projector, and can be quickly rolled between classrooms. It comes equipped with a wide leg base, locking wheels and height-setting mechanism for different sized presenters. In addition, a new height-adjustable wall mount provides simple one-handed operation to adjust the height, making it easy to use for a variety of age groups.
More about the BrightLink 455Wi
The BrightLink 455Wi provides several easy-to-use and versatile features designed for the classroom, including:
- Interactive Table Mode: When used with a specially designed table mount, the BrightLink 455Wi can be used to transform a table* into an interactive table for small group learning centers, giving students a gathering place to explore digital lessons, play educational games and work together on interactive learning activities
- Updated Interactive Driver: When using Microsoft tablet features and ink tools, BrightLink will automatically engage those tools, bringing them front and center for use with the projector(4)
- New Pen Tray: Holds two pens and can be attached magnetically or installed with included screws
- Increased Speaker and Microphone Input: Dedicated input allows teachers to use a microphone to amplify voice using the increased internal 12W speaker, saving the teacher’s voice and ensuring all students can hear; volume can be adjusted using projector or remote control buttons
- Flexible Size Setup: Creates one of the largest widescreen interactive areas without the need to pay a premium for size; select the size to match and maximize available space with variable image sizes from 59-inches to 96-inches diagonal (WXGA) or 55-inches to 85-inches diagonal (XGA)
- Ultra-Short Throw Distance: Can be mounted as close as 2.8-inches away from the wall to accommodate smaller classrooms or meetings rooms, and can project a 80-inch diagonal image from only 10-inches away; new high performance optics virtually eliminate hardware and shadow interference
- Simplified Network Monitoring and Control: Flexible sizing in a single projector can meet the needs of multiple room environments, and RJ-45 wired LAN connectivity for remote monitoring and control via an IT network helps saves time and money, regardless of the projector’s physical location
- Message Broadcasting: Included EasyMP® Monitor software allows projector to be used as a broadcast system to show customized images and alerts over the network for announcements or instructions
- Low Total Cost of Ownership: New electrostatic air filter extends life of filter by 1,000 hours(5) for a suggested 5,000 hour maintenance cycle(6)
- Closed Captioning: Built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments with no added cost, and helps meet section 508 compliance
- Easy Setup and Control: Instant On and Instant Off® helps to avoid delays when starting and finishing lectures; A/V Mute Slide instantly turns off the sound and images, customizable Sleep Mode saves energy, and 1.6x manual zoom offers positioning flexibility
- USB Plug ‘n Play Instant Setup: Instantly projects images, transmits audio and controls the presentations from either a Windows® PC or Mac via a standard USB cable
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness(7)
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Availability and Support
The Epson BrightLink 455Wi is currently available for an estimated street price of $2,199 ($1,699 for Brighter Futures) through select dealers on a state-by-state basis. The height-adjustable wall mount and height-adjustable mobile cart will be available in May for Brighter Futures pricing of $519 and $1,499 respectively. Epson’s projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day. For additional information about the new BrightLink 455Wi, visit www.epson.com/brightlink.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a wide lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 80,000 employees in 102 countries around the world. Epson is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria, for the third year in a row. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
* See http://www.epson.com/BL455table
1. Based upon Q4 2010 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates.
2. White and color light output will vary depending on mode selected. White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard.
3. Available soon from Copernicus Education Products.
4. Available on Windows 7 and Windows Vista; requires Office 2003 or later.
5. Compared to the BrightLink 450Wi.
6. Recommendation based on normal room conditions. Cleaning requirements may vary depending on use, environment and other condition. Cleaning intervals may be adjusted to accommodate the environment in which the projector is used.
7. Data source: ProjectorCentral.com, Jan. 2011. Average of 1038 shipping models, for which manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels.
Note: Epson, E-TORL, EasyMP, and Instant Off are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. BrightLink is a trademark and PrivateLine and Brighter Futures are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.