P R E S S R E L E A S E
NEC DISPLAY SOLUTIONS EXPANDS V SERIES PROJECTORS TO INCLUDE TWO NEW MULTIMEDIA MODELSPower-Saving, Cost-Effective Features Simplify
NEC’s V260 and V260X are SVGA and XGA models, respectively, that offer 2600 lumens providing sufficient brightness for the average classroom and meeting room. They both feature BrilliantColorT technology, which uses advanced video processing and the latest Texas Instruments DLP engine to deliver more vibrant and realistic colors with richer blacks and a 2000:1 contrast ratio for more detail. An input panel including dual VGA, HDMI and RJ45 rounds out the abundance of features for complete connectivity and control.
“Designed with the environment in mind, the new V Series projectors offer multiple cost-saving features such as quick start (3 seconds), auto power on via the RGB input connector and direct power-off with no cooling required after shutdown,” said Rich McPherson, Sr. Product Manager for Projectors at NEC Display Solutions. “Additionally, the V260 and V260X offer a filter-free design that will eliminate the hassle and time spent monitoring and changing filters. This is an exceptional benefit to those locations that install a large quantity of projectors.”
The V260 and V260X include the following features:
- Lamp life up to 5000 hours (in ECO ModeT)
- 3D capability increases interactivity and expands applications in educational settings, keeping students more engaged that ever while increasing the learning curve
- Flexible input panel, color-coded and clearly labeled, connects to computers, Blu-Ray players and other sources using the VGA, HDMI (V260X only), composite and S-Video inputs, as well as audio and video loop out for connection to powered speaker and local monitor
- Integrated RJ45 for quick connection to the LAN (10/100 base-T capability; V260X only)
- Power management enables the projector to automatically turn off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs
- Crestron Roomview provides unified management, including the ability to switch the power on and off for multiple projectors connected to a network (V260X only)
- Closed captioning enables the decoding and display of text information from a video
- 7-watt speaker
- Built-in wall color correction presets provide for adaptive color tone correction to display properly on non-white surfaces
- ECO Mode allows for multiple settings dependent upon the brightness required in the application and power savings desired by the user
- Virtual Remote (DDC/CI) allows users to control the projector directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
The V260 and V260X ship with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty and will be available in June 2011 at an estimated street price of $439 and $548, respectively. The lamp is covered for 1 year or 500 hours, whichever comes first. Education customers receive an additional year on their warranty, and Star Student customers receive an additional 2 years. To register for Star Student, visit www.necstarstudent.com for more information.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.