P R E S S R E L E A S E
Epson Announces Two Bright Projectors for
K-12 Classrooms Starting at $449
Enhanced Connectivity and Brightness for Budget-Conscious Classrooms and Conference Rooms
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Sept. 13, 2011 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced the Epson® PowerLite® S11 and X12 – two bright, affordable and feature-rich projectors. Starting at $449*, the PowerLite S11 and X12 replace the popular PowerLite S9 and X9 and deliver enhanced connectivity, increased brightness, flexible setup features, and extended lamp life for today’s budget conscious schools. “Regardless of today’s tough economic times, schools are still required to push the technology envelope to better enhance learning in the classroom,” said Sara Kim, associate product manager, Epson America. “The PowerLite S11 and X12 allow teachers to show vibrant images at high brightness with increased reliability, ease-of-use and connectivity that classrooms need, while staying within tight budgets.”
The PowerLite S11 ($449*) offers 2,600 lumens of color and white light output2 with SVGA resolution, and the PowerLite X12 ($549*) delivers 2,800 lumens color and white light output with XGA resolution. The projectors deliver an advanced feature set, including RS-232 support for connecting to an AV control device and USB Plug ‘n Play for instantly projecting video and audio from a PC or Mac® computer via a USB connection. The projectors also offer easy setup with horizontal and vertical keystone correction, giving teachers the flexibility to place the projector off-center from the screen if needed, without any image distortion.
The PowerLite X12 offers additional features including HDMI digital connectivity to connect to the latest devices for high-quality video and digital audio, as well as new Easy-Slide technology, an intuitive horizontal keystone adjustment slide control bar that allows teachers to easily make the necessary horizontal image adjustments with the touch of a finger. More about the PowerLite S11 and X12 The PowerLite S11 and X12 provide several convenient and advanced features to improve setup and operation in the classroom, including:
- Setup Flexibility: +30 degree horizontal and vertical keystone correction provides easy and convenient setup in virtually any classroom setting, allowing the projector to be placed on a table that may not be centered with the screen and still get a standard formatted image; Quick Corner® allows the four corners of an image to be moved independently for a perfectly rectangular image
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 5,000 hours3 in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off® enables presenters to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in only five seconds; A/V Mute Slide instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy and helping to save costs
- Advanced Connectivity: PC-Free slideshows offers convenient connectivity with USB memory devices for easily viewing and sharing pictures without a computer; projectors can be directly connected to the Epson DC-06 document camera for added versatility; the PowerLite S11 offers audio out and monitor out ports to help classrooms connect to external speakers and monitors
- Closed Captioning: Built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to students with hearing impairments at no added cost and helps meet ADA section 508 compliance
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy-efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness.
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite S11 and X12 will be available in late October 2011 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line via a phone card included with the product, and a Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in two business days. For additional information about the new PowerLite projectors, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a wide lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 75,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. Epson is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria, for the third year in a row. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook..com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica and http://twitter.com/EpsonEducation) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
# # #
* Estimated street price. Actual prices may vary.
1 Based upon Q1 2011 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates.
2 White and color light output will vary depending on mode selected. White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard.
3 Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp Brightness decreases over time.
4 Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2011. Average of 1,038 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of five brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the five segments.
Note: Epson, E-TORL and Instant Off are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PowerLite, Brighter Futures and PrivateLine are registered trademarks and BrightLink is a trademark of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.