Epson Introduces New Line of PowerLite Pro Z-series Installation Projectors with Built-In Edge Blending
New Models Expand Installation Projector Portfolio, Delivering up to 10,000 Lumens, Advanced Image Quality and Connectivity
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Jan. 16, 2012 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today expanded its popular PowerLite Pro Z-series projector line with the introduction of five new models. Designed for corporate, higher education, house of worship, rental and staging, museum, and digital signage applications, the new projectors deliver advanced image quality, connectivity and installation tools, as well as an expanded feature set with edge blending, split screen capability and DICOM Simulation mode2.
“With the addition of these new PowerLite Pro Z models, Epson expands its installation projector portfolio to offer outstanding image quality and advanced features and functionality to meet the installation needs of several markets,” said Sean Gunduz, product manager, Projectors, Epson America. “With capabilities like built-in edge blending, these brighter, more robust models deliver the ultimate projection experience for a wide range of venues and Epson is excited to offer this new line to a multitude of markets, including rental and staging and entertainment.”
The Epson PowerLite Pro Z-series deliver a range of color and white light output lumens3, resolutions and colors to meet a variety of installation needs:
Design and Image Quality Features4
The Epson PowerLite Pro Z-series offer several features to meet the needs of today’s installers, including:
- Connectivity: In addition to the two HDMI inputs available on all new models, WUXGA models also include HD-SDI input for long distance high-definition live broadcasts up to 300 feet
- 360° Projection: Projectors can be installed at any angle to meet a range of installation needs
- Black Case: Allows projectors to easily blend into the environment for rental and staging/entertainment applications
- DICOM Simulation Mode5: Specialized imaging uses standardized grayscale to reproduce medical images, such as x-rays, for medical training and education
- Image Adjustment and Movie Reproduction: Leveraging home cinema technology, new Gamma and RGB image adjustments allow for brightness and color tone adjustments; Faroudja DCDi chipset enhances video quality with deinterlacing, noise reduction and improving sharpness
- Super Resolution Technology: Improves low resolution or blurry pictures for sharper and crisper images
- Frame Interpolation: WUXGA models deliver sharper and smoother pictures during fast motion videos, such as sports and action movies
Other Advanced Features on the PowerLite Pro Z-Series: These new models also offer advanced features and functionality for high-end custom installation scenarios, including:
- Edge Blending: Allows for consistent and smooth brightness and color when using more than one PowerLite Pro Z model side by side for staging, art galleries, digital signage, video walls, or command centers
- Split Screen: Gives presentation flexibility with two side-by-side windows and three layout options; video and presentation materials run simultaneously for added convenience
- Memory: Conveniently can save menu settings for up to 10 different scenarios, minimizing installers’ work
- Monitor and Control: Epson Easy Management® allows for network monitoring, maintenance scheduling, and email alerts to be sent via LAN; schedule function allows projector to run functions without the need to be connected to a network
- Test Patterns: Six built-in test patterns are included to adjust image quality without video signals
The new PowerLite Pro Z series projectors offer additional features for large venue applications, including 3LCD, 3-chip technology, 5000:1 contrast ratio, an innovative liquid cooling system, and a dual-lamp design that further enhances image quality, performance and reliability. These projectors also offer Crestron RoomView compatibility, messaging broadcasting, a centered lens design, LAN connectivity, a built-in closed captioning decoder, and six optional lenses, including a rear-projection lens, with horizontal and vertical lens shift.
The new PowerLite Pro Z series projectors will be on shown at the Florida Educational Technology Conference (FETC) at Epson’s booth, #2317.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite Pro Z8450WUINL and Z8455WUNL will be available in February 2012, the PowerLite Pro Z8250NL and Z8255NL will be available in April 2012 and the PowerLite Pro Z8350WNL will be available in May 2012. All models will be available through pro audio/video dealers and include two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line via a phone card included with the product, and a Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping. For additional information about the new PowerLite Pro Z-series projectors, visit www.epson.com/ProZ.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a product line-up ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for enterprise and the home, to sensors and other microdevices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 78,000 employees in 99 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates.