P R E S S R E L E A S E
Epson Introduces Five New Short-Throw Projectors for K-12 ClassroomsFour PowerLite Projectors and One BrightLink Interactive Projector Bring Reliable Performance and Convenient Collaboration to BYOD Classrooms
“Students are bringing more and more devices into the classroom, and our projectors provide the connectivity to promote and facilitate collaborative learning opportunities through the sharing of student work,” said Jason Meyer, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. “Our new short-throw models deliver best-in-class projection technology, offering high brightness for clear, sharp images even in ambient light, combined with easy-to-use connectivity solutions to meet the BYOD needs of teachers and students.”
The new PowerLite and BrightLink short-throw projectors allow teachers to project images up to 116-inches from four feet away with minimal shadows or glare, and enable flexible installation with an optional wall mount. The new models deliver increased color brightness and white brightness over predecessors and a range of resolutions to fit educator’s needs, trends and budgets.
The BrightLink 536Wi is an interactive short-throw projector offering collaborative learning and dual pen-based interactivity(5) that transforms any wall or existing whiteboard into an interactive display. PC-free annotation tools allow teachers to write on images projected directly from an iPad®, iPhone®, iPod®, Android device, document camera or Blu-ray Disc® player. In addition, all BrightLink interactive projectors are compatible with SMART Notebook™, Promethean® ActivInspire®, and MimioStudio™ educational software programs.
More about Epson’s New Short-Throw Projectors
Epson 3LCD projectors deliver three times brighter colors than leading competitive projectors(6). Additional convenient and advanced features for educators include:
- BYOD Collaboration: Moderator device management software allows teachers to wirelessly share and compare students’ work from multiple devices, simultaneously
- Epson iProjection™: Leveraging the Epson iProjection app, teachers can present from most iOS Apple devices running iOS 4.2 or later, including the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, and most Android devices running Android 2.3 or later; wireless module sold separately
- Extended Lamp Life: The lamp can last up to 10,000 hours(7) in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time; replacement lamps cost $79 through the Brighter Futures program, providing a lower overall total cost of ownership
- Optional Wall Mount: Offers easy-to-install, affordable mounting solution for convenient and flexible installation
- Powerful Sound: Built-in 16-watt speaker and microphone input fills a classroom with sound and saves on equipment costs
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest 3-chip 3LCD technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology also provides an energy-efficient light engine using available lamp light to create stunning images, and in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness8.
As a leader in innovation and partnership, Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors and associated accessories.
Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
The color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society of Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today’s high definition content, teachers and students can display content with higher quality in brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. For more information, visit http://www.colorlightoutput.com.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 520, 525W, 530, and 535W will be available in December 2014 and the BrightLink 536Wi will be available in January 2015 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, distribution, and Epson.com. Epson’s PowerLite and BrightLink projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line, and a Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Epson is a global innovation leader dedicated to exceeding expectations with solutions for markets as diverse as the office, home, commerce, and industry. Epson's lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 72,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonAmerica).
(1) Based upon Q2 2014 worldwide front projection market share estimates from PMA Research.
(2) Moderator feature is part of EasyMP Multi-PC Projection software.
(3) Check your owner’s manual to determine if a wireless LAN module must be purchased separately to enable wireless connection on your Epson projector. Epson projectors can be networked either through the Ethernet port on the projector (check model specifications for availability) or via a wireless connection. Not all Epson projectors are able to be networked. Availability varies depending on model.
(4) Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
(5) Includes one pen. Additional pens optional.
(6) Compared to leading 1-chip DLP business and education projectors based on NPD data, July 2011 through June 2012. Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions.
(7) ECO Mode is up to 10,000 hours. Normal Mode is up to 5000 hours. Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.
(8) Data source: ProjectorCentral.com, Jan. 2014. Average of 1,243 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of six brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the six segments.
Note: EPSON, PowerLite and BrightLink are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark, Epson iProjection is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Brighter Futures and PrivateLine are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.