Epson's Newest PowerLite K-12 Classroom Projectors Deliver Extended Lamp Life
Eight New Models Offer Brightness, Connectivity and Up to 10,000 Hours of Lamp Life in Economy Mode
"We pride ourselves on delivering a variety of projection solutions for K-12 classrooms," said Jason Meyer, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. "For schools looking for bright, budget-friendly projectors, advanced connectivity and flexible installation features, the new PowerLite projectors offer several options that allow educators to deliver vivid lessons in any learning environment."
All but one of the new Epson PowerLite models(3) offer Multi PC Projection with Moderator device management software4 enabling teachers to wirelessly connect up to 50 devices and share5 students' work from up to four device screens simultaneously, including computers and iOS® and Android™ tablets and phones. All models also offer HDMI support for projecting high-quality audio and video content with one cable.
The new PowerLite projectors include a range of lumen, resolution and pricing options.
Additional Features on the PowerLite 97H, 98H, 99WH, 955WH, and 965H
The PowerLite 90- and 900-series offer advanced connectivity and premium audio features, including:
Dual HDMI Connectivity: Features two HDMI ports, one with MHL for connecting multiple digital devices, including mobile phones, tablets and other portable devices, for enriched high definition viewing capabilities
Powerful Sound: Built-in 16-watt speaker and microphone input fills a classroom with sound and saves on equipment costs
More about Epson's New PowerLite Projectors
Epson 3LCD projectors deliver three times higher color brightness than leading competitive projectors(7). The new PowerLite models offer the following convenient and advanced features for educators:
Extended Lamp Life: The lamp can last up to 10,000 hours(2) in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time; replacement lamps cost $79 through the Brighter Futures program, providing a lower overall total cost of ownership
BYOD Collaboration: Moderator device management software allows teachers to wirelessly share and compare students' work from multiple devices, simultaneously(3),(4)
Split Screen: Allows inputs from two separate sources to be displayed side by side on the same screen
Advanced Network Control: RJ-45 and optional wireless connectivity allow for remote projector management and presentations over the network(5)
Epson iProjection™: Leveraging the Epson iProjection app, teachers can present from most iOS Apple devices running iOS 4.2 or later, including the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, and most Android devices running Android 2.3 or later; wireless module sold separately(5)
QR Code Connection: New quick connect on-screen QR code provides access to content from smartphones and tablets; simply turn the projector on, use the free Epson iProjection app to scan the on-screen QR code and be instantly connected to share content(5)
3LCD Technology: Features the latest 3-chip 3LCD technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology also provides an energy-efficient light engine using available lamp light to create stunning images, and in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness(8)
As a leader in innovation and partnership, Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors and associated accessories.
Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
The color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society of Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today's high definition content, teachers and students can display content with higher quality in brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. For more information, visit http://www.colorlightoutput.com.
Availability and Support
The new Epson PowerLite models will be available in March 2015 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, distribution, and Epson.com. Epson's PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line, and a Road Service projector replacement program that for most models includes projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping(9) – and 90-day limited lamp warranty. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Epson is a global innovation leader dedicated to exceeding expectations with solutions for markets as diverse as the office, home, commerce, and industry. Epson's lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 72,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonAmerica).
(1) Based upon Q3 2014 worldwide front projection market share estimates from PMA Research.
(2) ECO Mode is up to 10,000 hours. Normal Mode is up to 5000 hours. Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.
(3) All models offer Moderator function with the exception of the PowerLite S27.
(4) Moderator feature is part of EasyMP Multi-PC Projection software.
(5) Check your owner's manual to determine if a wireless LAN module must be purchased separately to enable wireless connection on your Epson projector. Epson projectors can be networked either through the Ethernet port on the projector (check model specifications for availability) or via a wireless connection. Not all Epson projectors are able to be networked. Availability varies depending on model. The PowerLite S27 model is not networkable.
(6) Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
(7) Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. Leading Epson 3LCD business and education projectors compared to leading one-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD data for June 2013 through May 2014 and PMA Research data for Q1 through Q3 2013.
(8) Data source: ProjectorCentral.com, Jan. 2014. Average of 1,243 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of six brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the six segments.
(9) The PowerLite S27, X27, W29 models include a projector exchange in two business days. Expedited shipping not available in all areas. Road Service orders must be in by 3 p.m. Eastern Time for Next-Business-Day delivery.
Note: EPSON and PowerLite are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark, Epson iProjection is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Brighter Futures and PrivateLine are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.