P R E S S R E L E A S E
Epson Expands Large Venue Projector Lineup with PowerLite 4770WNew Model Delivers Advanced Connectivity, Crisp Image Quality and High Brightness at an Affordable Price
"Customers require projection solutions offering high brightness at a low price point and the PowerLite 4770W is the latest in Epson's large venue and corporate projection lineup to deliver a robust feature set and wide range of connectivity options to meet customers' needs," said Phong Phanel, product manager, Large Venue and Meeting Room Projectors, Epson America, Inc. "In addition to high performance projection solutions, Epson is also committed to delivering professional-grade reliability with our advanced service and support teams and next business day replacement warranty."
As the newest addition to the PowerLite 4000-Series, the 4770W delivers exceptional image quality, advanced connectivity, and flexible installation tools including horizontal and vertical lens shift. It includes HDMI® and DisplayPortTM to easily display content from nearly any device. With the Epson iProjection™ app(3), users can wirelessly display and control content from smartphones and tablets. Additional features include:
-Built in Lens Shift for Easy Image Alignment: Up to 70 percent vertical lens shift and 38 percent horizontal lens shift
-Remarkable Video Processing: Faroudja DCDi Cinema® technology for exceptional video quality without introducing artifacts
-Split Screen Capability(4): Project two images (video or still) side by side from two different sources, simultaneously
-Network Management and Control Tools: Remote presentations; built-in schedule function; EasyMP® Monitor tool to monitor and control all networked Epson projectors, setup email notification, and verify and change internal settings
-Advanced Installation Features: Including point and arc correction to easily adjust each side of an image for a perfectly rectangular image
-Centered Lens Design: Position the ceiling mount, screen and projector independently; screen will align with the lens at the center of the projector
-Convenient Test Patterns: Nine patterns to check linearity, color reproduction, bleeding and tone production; distortion detection included
-Long Lamp Life: High efficiency lamp lasts up to 5,000 hours in ECO mode and 4,000 hours in Normal mode(5); lamp and filter located on the side panel for easy access and quick, easy replacement even if the projector is mounted
All Epson projectors feature the latest 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; Epson projectors offer three times brighter colors(6) than leading competitive projectors. This technology also provides an energy-efficient light engine which uses available lamp light to create stunning images, and in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness(7).
Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
The new color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society of Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today's high definition content, presenters can display content with higher quality in brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. For more information, visit http://www.colorlightoutput.com.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 4770W is currently available through distribution, VARs and resellers, and direct on Epson.com. The projector comes with a two-year limited warranty that includes Road Service projector replacement program with projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping, and a 90-day limited lamp warranty. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in printing, visual communications, quality of life and manufacturing. Epson's lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 70,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental burdens.
Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonAmerica).
* Manufacturer's suggested retail price
(1) Based upon Q3 2014 worldwide front projection market share estimates from PMA Research.
(2) Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
(3) Check your owner's manual to determine if a wireless LAN module must be purchased separately to enable wireless connection on your Epson projector. Epson projectors can be networked either through the Ethernet port on the projector (check model specifications for availability) or via a wireless connection. Not all Epson projectors are able to be networked. Availability varies depending on model.
(4) Consult your user manual for input combinations.
(5) Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.
(6) Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. Leading Epson 3LCD business and education projectors compared to leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD data for June 2013 through May 2014 and PMA Research data for Q1 through Q3 2013.
(7) Data source: ProjectorCentral.com, Feb. 2015. Average of 1,420 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of six brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the six segments.
Note: EPSON, EasyMP and PowerLite are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark and Epson iProjection is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2014 Epson America, Inc. CPD-42526 12/14