Epson Unveils High-Definition 720p Home Theater Projector Delivering Big Screen Entertainment for the Whole Family
Home Cinema 740HD Offers High Definition, High Brightness, Flexible Setup and Portability at an Affordable Price
“With features including portability, built-in sound, flexible setup and placement and high brightness, the Home Cinema 740HD is the ideal projector for families to bring the big-screen experience to the comfort of their home,” said Jason Palmer, marketing manager, Epson America. “In addition, its high color brightness, deep contrast levels, HD 720p resolution, and versatile HDMI connectivity allows users to project their favorite TV shows, movies or videogames from a range of devices for the ultimate viewing experience.”
The Home Cinema 740HD comes equipped with built-in sound and an HDMI port for versatile connectivity to a cable or satellite box, Blu-ray® player, gaming console or streaming device and can display content on surfaces up to 300”. Featuring a new intuitive home screen and Split Screen(3) capabilities to project two different images of videos or stills side-by-side, the portable projector offers easy set-up and installation for flexible placement with horizontal image correction and easy-slide control technology.
Epson projectors offer up to 3x higher color brightness than leading competitive projectors(4), and feature 25 percent lower power consumption for lower energy costs(5). The Home Cinema 740HD utilizes 3LCD, 3-chip technology for brilliant images with vivid color. In addition, it features four built-in color modes for the best possible quality and color for users to enjoy their favorite TV show, movie or videogame from virtually anywhere – indoors or out.
Added Features of the Home Cinema 740HD 720p 3LCD Projector
The Home Cinema 740HD is housed in a white, compact design and offers several features to meet a range of home entertainment needs, including:
- 3LCD Quality and Reliability: 3LCD, 3-chip technology delivers incredible color, amazing detail and road-test reliability with no possibility of color break-up or “rainbow effect”
- Easy Setup and Installation: 1.2x optical zoom for positioning flexibility, automatic vertical keystone (+/- 30 degrees) correction and easy-slide horizontal correction
- Intuitive Home Screen: User-friendly home screen for easy access to frequently-used functions including keystone correction, volume control, Split Screen(3) and more
- Versatile Connectivity: HDMI port to easily display content from a variety of media devices including a cable or satellite box, Blu-ray® player, gaming console or streaming device
Availability and Support
The Home Cinema 740HD ($649) will be available in September through select retailers nationwide and the Epson online store. The projector comes with Epson’s top-of-the-line service and support, including a two-year limited warranty with toll-free access to Epson’s PrivateLine® priority technical support, 90-day limited lamp warranty, and free two-business-day exchange with Extra CareSM Home Service.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in printing, visual communications, quality of life and manufacturing. Epson’s lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 70,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental burdens.
Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.epson.com
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonAmerica).
Note: EPSON is a registered trademark and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation., PrivateLine is a registered trademark and Extra Care is a service mark of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
(1) Based upon Q3 2014 worldwide front projection market share estimates from PMA Research.
(2) Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
(3) Consult user manual for input combinations.
(4) Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. Leading Epson 3LCD projectors in the home entertainment segment (720p and 1080p) compared to leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD data for June 2013 through May 2014.
(5) Data source: ProjectorCentral.com, Feb. 2015. Average of 1420 shipping models for which manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of six brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the six segments.