New Epson Home Cinema Projectors Bring Affordable, Ultra Bright Full HD 1080p Blockbuster Performance to Living Rooms
Home Cinema 1040 and 1440 Offer Versatile Connectivity, Small Footprint and Advanced Features for Everyday Entertainment
"The new projectors offer today's households a convenient, affordable and powerful big-screen experience. Beyond the flexibility, the Home Cinema 1440 is also one of the brightest home projectors available on the market – this is a flat panel killer," said Jason Palmer, marketing manager, Epson America. "Why settle for a 65-inch or 70-inch TV when you can have something four times bigger with bright, lifelike, sharp details, a portable design, and simple setup for a truly captivating experience even in large, well-lit environments."
Brilliant image quality requires high color brightness (color light output), and Epson projectors have up to 3x Higher Color Brightness than leading competitive projectors(4), and feature 25 percent lower power consumption for lower energy costs(5). The Home Cinema 1040 and 1440 utilize 3LCD, 3-chip technology for brilliant images with vivid color and feature built-in color modes for the best possible quality and color for users to enjoy their favorite TV show, movie or videogame from virtually anywhere – indoors or out.
More About the Home Cinema 1040 and 1440
The models feature varied capabilities designed to make it easier than ever to enjoy content – including installation on a ceiling, easy placement on a table, or tucked inside a shelving space:
-3LCD Quality and Reliability: 3LCD, 3-chip technology delivers incredible color, amazing detail and road-tested reliability with no possibility of color break-up or "rainbow effect"
-High color brightness and high white brightness: 3,000 lumens of color brightness and 3,000 lumens of white brightness(1)
-Flexible Positioning and Easy Setup: Horizontal image correction with Easy-Slide control technology and a compact design for placement virtually anywhere, even in a tight shelf space
-Advanced Home Screen: Featuring an intuitive home screen for easy navigation and set up
Home Cinema 1440 Adds:
-High color brightness and high white brightness: 4,400 lumens of color brightness and 4,400 lumens of white brightness(1)
-Advanced Video Quality: Featuring Farouja DCDi Cinema®, an advanced video enhancement technology produces exceptional image quality without introducing artifacts
-Create the Screen Size You Want: Convenient 1.6x optical zoom
-Split Screen: Split Screen(6) capabilities to project two different videos or still images side-by-side
Availability and Support
The Home Cinema 1040 ($799) and Home Cinema 1440 ($1,699)(7) will be available in September through select e-tailers and retailers nationwide. The projectors come with Epson's top-of-the-line service and support, including a two-year limited warranty with toll-free access to Epson's PrivateLine® priority technical support, 90-day limited lamp warranty, and free two-business-day exchange with Extra CareSM Home Service.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in printing, visual communications, quality of life and manufacturing. Epson's lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 70,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental burdens.
Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.epson.com
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonAmerica).
Note: EPSON is a registered trademark and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation., PrivateLine is a registered trademark and Extra Care is a service mark of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
(1) Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
(2) Includes one Mobile High-definition Link (MHL) HDMI port.
(3) Roku Streaming Stick allows you to watch content from popular Internet streaming services. Roku's Streaming Stick only available in the U.S.
(4) Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. Leading Epson 3LCD projectors in the home entertainment segment (720p and 1080p) compared to leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD data for June 2013 through May 2014.
(5) Data source: ProjectorCentral.com, Feb. 2015. Average of 1420 shipping models for which manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of six brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the six segments.
(6) Consult your user manual for input combinations.
(7) Estimated street price.