Epson Expands EX-Series Projector Lineup Delivering Far More Accurate Color than Leading Competitors
New Epson Projectors Offer Best in Class Image Quality
“Gone are the days when projectors were only used to display slides – multimedia content, including images and video, is becoming the de facto standard and business users require projection solutions able to display that bright, vibrant and high resolution content,” said Kristi Lanzit, product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. “Epson’s new EX-Series projectors deliver far more accurate color with 3x higher Color brightness1 and up to 3x wider color gamut(4) than leading competitive projectors. Epson, which was recently voted No. 1 for image quality(5), is committed to delivering projection solutions that will make any presenter shine.”
The EX9200 Pro delivers premium, WUXGA resolution (1920 x 1200) and the latest connectivity. WUXGA resolution is ideal for detailed charts, graphics, video, and excel spreadsheets with 4.5x more resolution than SVGA to project in Full HD 1080p . The EX7240 delivers WXGA resolution (1280 x 800) for HD-quality presentations and videos from a range of devices. Both projectors include HDMI®, MHL support(6), and easy wireless setup, including Epson’s exclusive quick connect with on-screen QR code for easy access to content from smartphones and tablets – users simply turn the projector on, use the free Epson iProjection™ app(7) to scan the on-screen QR code and be instantly connected to share content.
The EX3240 allows users to present standard charts and graphics for presentations easily. With SVGA resolution (800 x 600) and a host of innovative setup features, the EX3240 is a reliable projector that allows users to start presenting in no time. It also supports HDMI, the digital connectivity standard, for compatibility with the latest laptops and media players.
The EX9200 Pro, EX7240 Pro and EX3240 deliver innovative features that ensure bright, vibrant images, flexible placement and fast setup, including:
-Far More Accurate Color: 3LCD, 3-chip technology for 3x higher color brightness(1) and up to 3x wider color gamut4 than competitive DLP projectors
-Fast, Easy Setup: Image adjustments including automatic vertical correction and Easy-Slide horizontal image correction ensure correctly proportioned images from virtually anywhere in the room
-Device Compatibility: Supports HDMI for digital video and audio with one cable; pairs seamlessly with the latest laptops and media players
-Wireless Connectivity: Project directly from a laptop, smartphone or tablet without plugging in to move more freely about the room (EX7240 Pro and EX9200 Pro only)
-Quick Control: Instant Off® quickly powers down the projector with no cool down time; Sleep Mode (A/V Mute) pauses the presentation without turning off the projector; and Direct Power Off/On delivers wall switch power control
Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
The color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society for Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today’s high definition content, presenters can display content with higher quality in brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. For more information, visit http://www.colorlightoutput.com.
Availability and Support
The Epson EX9200 Pro ($799), EX7240 Pro ($649) and EX3240 ($449)(8) will be available in September through major retailers and directly on Epson.com. The projectors come with a one-year limited warranty that includes Road Service projector replacement program with projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping, and a 90-day limited lamp warranty. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in printing, visual communications, quality of life and manufacturing. Epson’s lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 70,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental burdens.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonAmerica).
(1) Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. The projectors used by a third-party lab for measuring color brightness were leading Epson 3LCD business and education projectors and leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD sales data for June 2013 through May 2014 and PMA Research sales data for Q1 through Q3 2013.
(2) Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
(3) ECO Mode is up to 10,000 hours. Normal Mode is up to 5000 hours. Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.
(4) Gamut volume of leading Epson business and education projectors compared to leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD data for June 2013 through May 2014. Volume is measured in 3D in the CIE L*a*b* coordinate space.
(5) Based on TFCinfo: US Projector Brand Customer Perception and Preference Study, Multimedia Projectors 2015
(6) Includes one Mobile High-definition Link (MHL) HDMI port
(7) To use Epson iProjection, the projector must be configured on a network. Epson projectors can be networked either through the Ethernet port on the projector (check model specifications for availability) or via a wireless connection. Check your owner’s manual to determine if a wireless LAN module must be purchased separately to enable wireless connection on your Epson projector. Not all Epson projectors are able to be networked. Availability varies depending on model.
(8) Estimated street price.
Note: EPSON and Instant Off are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark and Epson iProjection is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.