P R E S S R E L E A S E
Epson Announces SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard System-Compatible Short and Ultra Short-Throw ProjectorsNew Epson Projector Models Specifically Designed for, and Certified to Work with, SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard Systems
“Epson and SMART have been working to bring together the world’s best classroom interactive solutions to meet the evolving needs of educators around the globe,” said Jason Meyer, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. “These new Epson projectors have been specifically engineered to provide enhanced integration capabilities with SMART Board interactive whiteboard systems, bringing best-in-class learning technology to classrooms.”
“Used in millions of classrooms worldwide, SMART Board interactive whiteboards support learning and collaboration in ways that are natural and intuitive for students” said Graeme Wallace, program manager, Hardware, SMART Technologies. “This new offering from Epson provides SMART customers with 3LCD projector options while maintaining the streamlined functionality of a SMART integrated system.”
Epson provides a range of lumen, resolution and pricing options for connecting with SMART Board systems.
More about the new PowerLite Projectors
The new Epson PowerLite for SMART models offer convenient and advanced features for educators, including:
Far More Accurate Color with Epson: 3LCD, 3-chip technology for 3x higher color brightness(2) and up to 3x wider color gamut(3) than competitive DLP projectors
Certified SMART Board Compatibility: Supports SMART ECP for controlling projector power, volume and input from the SMART Board; integrated solution offers SMART Notebook® collaborative learning software, as well as SMART Ink® tools, which allow teachers to create engaging and interactive learning experiences
Large Presentations: Short throw distance saves space; the PowerLite 530 and 580 can project a 77-inch image and the PowerLite 585W can project an 87-inch image, all with minimal shadows and glare
BYOD Classrooms: Wirelessly share(4) and compare students’ work from multiple devices, simultaneously, with Moderator device management software(5)
Epson iProjection™: Wirelessly project from an array of devices, including iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ tablets and smartphones using the free Epson iProjection app(6)
Low Cost Lamps: $49 Epson genuine replacement lamps reduce overall cost of projector ownership and increase cost-efficiency for classroom projection technology
As a leader in innovation and partnership, Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors and associated accessories.
Designed with educator input, Epson’s advanced interactive display and projector technologies make bright, collaborative learning environments a reality. Compatible with a wide range of devices and widely-used interactive software, Epson projectors make it easy for teachers to share content to engage students, no matter where they sit in the classroom. Epson’s unmatched technology, service and support ensure educators are confident that high quality, bright images and multimedia are available in the classroom every day.
Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
The color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society for Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today’s high definition content, teachers and students can display content with higher quality in brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. For more information, visit www.colorlightoutput.com.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 530 for SMART, PowerLite 580 for SMART and PowerLite 585W for SMART will be available in March 2016 through Epson national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, distribution, and the Brighter Futures program. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line, and a Road Service replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping – and 90-day limited lamp warranty. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/education.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in printing, visual communications, quality of life and manufacturing. Epson’s lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 72,000 employees in 93 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental burdens.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
* Brighter Futures pricing
(1) Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
(2) Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. The projectors used by a third-party lab for measuring color brightness were leading Epson 3LCD business and education projectors and leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD sales data for June 2013 through May 2014 and PMA Research sales data for Q1 through Q3 2013.
(3) Gamut volume of leading Epson business and education projectors compared to leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD data for June 2013 through May 2014. Volume is measured in 3D in the CIE L*a*b* coordinate space.
(4) Check your owner’s manual to determine if a wireless LAN module must be purchased separately to enable wireless connection on your Epson projector. Epson projectors can be networked either through the Ethernet port on the projector (check model specifications for availability) or via a wireless connection. Not all Epson projectors are able to be networked. Availability varies depending on model.
(5) Moderator feature is part of EasyMP Multi-PC Projection software.
(6) To use Epson iProjection, the projector must be configured on a network. Epson projectors can be networked either through the Ethernet port on the projector (check model specifications for availability) or via a wireless connection. Check your owner’s manual to determine if a wireless LAN module must be purchased separately to enable wireless connection on your Epson projector. Not all Epson projectors are able to be networked. Availability varies depending on model.
Note: EPSON and PowerLite are registered trademarks, Epson iProjection is a trademark and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Brighter Futures and PrivateLine are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.