Kodak Breaks Price-Performance Barrier for Digital Projectors
New Digital Projectors to Offer High Performance at Excellent Price
ANAHEIM, CA., June 15 -- Kodak today announces two new high performance digital projectors, the Kodak V600 Digital Projector and the Kodak V600 Zoom Digital Projector. Combining Kodak quality, reliability and ease of use at an affordable price, the new V600 Digital Projectors offer 1000 ANSI lumens and up to 4,000 hours lamp life making them perfect for use in the boardroom, conference room or classroom.
With an estimated U.S. street price of less than $2,300 and $2,600 for the zoom model, both projectors are suitable for even the most budget-conscious buyer, and will be shipping in the U.S. in early July.
"These new presentation products will set new standards in digital projectors at very affordable prices," said Salim Sunderji, General Manager, Kodak Presentation Technologies. "Both projectors offer very bright images for use in most rooms and lighting conditions, and will cost less than the laptop you connect them to. Either in a boardroom, classroom or conference room, presenters will get the added advantage of high confidence in the Kodak unit's performance."
The V600 projectors produce bright images in almost any room or lighting conditions. Weighing only 7.5 lbs. (3.4 kg), they are ideal as desktop projectors for presenters that are on the move. Setup is easy; almost anybody can present with confidence-just unpack, plug in and project.
The V600 Zoom model has all the features of the V600 with the added convenience of a built-in manual zoom. In addition to all this, the V600 projectors feature Kodak's exclusive Image Manager software which enables the projector settings to be adjusted so that the color, brightness and contrast of the images are perfect every time. At the touch of a button, settings can be optimized to show pictures, graphics, spreadsheets or rich true colors.
Additional features include
- Resolution 800 x 600 SVGA, with 1024 x 768 XGA compression - the V600 performs like an XGA projector; producing outstanding results with an XGA laptop
- 3 panel LCD technology for crisp, vibrant pictures and easy to read text
- Weight 7.5lbs (3.4 kg) - light enough to be carried from boardroom to boardroom with minimum hassle
- V600 Dimensions (W x D x H,) 12.8 x 9.8 x 3.6 inches (325 x 250 x 92 mm), V600 Zoom Dimensions (W x D x H) 12.8 x 10.8 x 3.6 inches (325 x 275 x 92 mm) - compact size means no trouble presenting in a small area
- Cool to the touch, protecting hands and desktops - no need to wait for the projector to cool down before packing it away
- V600 Zoom model offers 1.3x manual zoom
- Built in audio - stereo, 2 x 2 watts
- Up to 4,000 hours lamp life - user changeable
- Variety of projection sources - PC, Macintosh computer, DVD, VCR, digital camera
The projectors ship with Macintosh adapter, data, S-video, composite video and stereo audio cables as well as a soft carry case. The V600 Zoom also comes with a full-featured, infrared remote control. Other available accessories include a ceiling mount kit, hard shipping case, extra remote control and replacement lamp.
Kodak Care Kit, a packaged Advanced Unit Replacement service, will also be available for V600/V600 Zoom end-users. The care kits, available with 2-year and 3-year agreements, guarantee a replacement projector will be delivered the next business day should the Kodak digital projector not perform.
Available from U.S. and Canadian dealers and resellers of Kodak digital projectors, the Kodak Care Kits are also applicable to models DP2900, DP2000, DP1100 and DP900. The Kodak Care Kits must be purchased within 90 days of the digital projector purchase. Resellers will be able to order Kodak Care Kits through Kodak's distribution centers.
(Kodak is a trademark of Eastman Kodak Company.)
Editor's note: For more information about the Kodak V600 and V600 Zoom, visit our Web site at www.kodak.com/go/v600