Epson PowerLite 2000-Series Portable Projectors Deliver Exceptional Connectivity Features
Series Includes Nine Models Offering Exceptional Image Quality, HDMI Connectivity, and Enterprise-Level Wireless Security
“The PowerLite 2000-Series offers an unbeatable combination of brightness, a rich feature set and a portable design, making it ideal for nearly any room,” said Remi Del Mar, product manager, Epson America, Inc. “The series delivers a wide range of options, from resolution and brightness to connectivity options, so customers can find the solution that best suits their installation needs.”
The PowerLite 2000-Series leverages HDMI connectivity to easily project digital content, including video and audio, from the latest laptops, Blu-ray Discs®, DVDs, and other media players. Utilizing the USB port, the PowerLite 2000-Series can display documents and images from a USB drive stored as PDF, JPEG, BMP, GIF, or PNG files without having to connect to a PC, ideal for boardrooms and small business projection needs. In addition, leveraging a wireless LAN module(2), the PowerLite 2000-Series projectors offer security features such as WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA-EAP, WPA2-EAP wireless encryption to help prevent information leakage in an enterprise environment.
The series also features award-winning Faroudja DCDi Cinema® video enhancement technology delivering exceptional image quality without introducing artifacts. In addition, the DICOM Simulation Mode(3) (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) provides the ability to reproduce images with an advanced grayscale level that simulates DICOM Part 14, ideal for viewing grayscale medical images, such as X-rays, for training and educational environments. Wireless screen mirroring with Miracast® allows PowerLite 2000-Series users to stream Full HD movies, videos, photos, and music from a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or PC directly to the projector. Miracast wirelessly mirrors and streams content from Android™ mobile devices or Windows® PCs to the projector.
The flagship models – PowerLite 2265U and PowerLite 2165W – include innovative HDBaseT connectivity for easy installation, in addition to support for Multi-PC projection, which allows up to four individual PC screens to be displayed simultaneously over the network with up to 32 connected to the same projector. The projectors include Screen Fit, an auto-sensing feature that adjusts the image size to fit within a frame, whether it’s a screen or a board, with the push of a button. The PowerLite 2265U and PowerLite 2165W projectors can be used with the Epson iProjection™ App to display content from an iOS® or Android mobile devices with wireless or network capabilities(4).
Additional Features on the new PowerLite 2000-Series
The new Epson PowerLite 2000-Series projectors deliver a range of color brightness and white brightness and features to meet a variety of small-to-mid sized business needs:
-Versatile, Compact Design – Includes multiple connectivity options; ideal for taking from room to room, or installing in small to medium-sized spaces
-Enterprise-Level Wireless Security – The wireless LAN module2 (sold separately on some models) supports robust wireless security network protocols that help keep information safe
-Wireless Screen Mirroring with Miracast – Stream Full HD 1080p content and mirror wireless Android device screens
-Remote Management and Control Tools – Included software allows for remote monitoring and control of Epson networked projectors; also compatible with Crestron® Room View®
-Long-Lasting Lamp Life – Up to 10,000 hours in ECO Mode(5)
Epson projectors offer 3x higher color brightness(6) than competitive 1-chip DLP models to ensure vivid colorful images. All Epson projectors feature the latest 3-chip 3LCD technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations.
Availability and Support
The PowerLite 2000-Series will be available in January 2017 through national resellers and direct on Epson.com. The projectors are also available through pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s projectors come with a three-year limited warranty that includes Road Service projector replacement program with projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping(7) and a 90-day limited lamp warranty. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 67,000 employees in 90 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
1. Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
2. LAN Module sold separately on the following models: PL 2040, PL 2140W, PL 2245U, PL 2250U
3. These projectors do not meet the DICOM standard Part 14 and should not be used as a medical diagnostic device.
4. To use Epson iProjection, the projector must be configured on a network. Epson projectors can be networked either through the Ethernet port on the projector (check model specifications for availability) or via a wireless connection. Check your owner’s manual to determine if a wireless LAN module must be purchased separately to enable wireless connection on your Epson projector. Not all Epson projectors are able to be networked. Availability varies depending on model. Not all files and formats are supported. See www.epson.com for details.
5. ECO Mode is up to 10,000 hours. Normal mode is up to 5,000 hours. Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions, and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.
6. Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with ISMD 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. The projectors used by a third-party lab for measuring color brightness were leading Epson 3LCD business and education projectors and the leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD sales data for June 2013 through May 2014 and PMA Research sales data for Q1 through Q3 2013.
7. Expedited shipping not available in all areas. Road Service orders must be in by 3 p.m. Eastern Time for Next-Business-Day delivery
Note: Epson and PowerLite are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark, and Epson iProjection is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. All other product names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.