Epson Introduces Its Slimmest Ultra-Portable Projectors with New PowerLite 1700-Series
New Business Projectors Offer Convenient Wireless Connectivity and Easy Set-Up Features for Road Warriors
Epson projectors feature 3LCD, 3-chip technology for 3x Higher Color Brightness(2) and up to 3x Wider Color Gamut(3) than competitive DLP projectors. All new PowerLite 1700-Series projectors support Chromecast™, Roku® and MHL-enabled devices. The PowerLite 1780W, 1781W and 1785W offer WXGA resolution, and the flagship PowerLite 1795F features 1080p resolution for Full HD-quality content. In addition to auto vertical keystone correction, the PowerLite 1781W, 1785W and 1795F offer auto horizontal keystone correction and Screen Fit to quickly adjust an image to fit any screen, even if the projector is placed off center.
"Thin as a laptop and just four pounds, the PowerLite 1700-Series are lightweight and wireless projectors, ideal for road warriors that require bright images, optimized connectivity and HD quality presentations," said Eric Uaje, product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. "The integration of 1080p resolution, vertical and horizontal auto keystone correction and flexible projection from mobile devices were a direct result of feedback from our customers, and we will continue to deliver the innovation customers need to aid in their business success."
The PowerLite 1700-Series delivers innovative features that ensure bright, vibrant images, as well as a quick and easy set up across devices. The projectors are ideal for frequent business travelers and include the following features:
Bright and Vivid Images: The PowerLite 1780W delivers 3,000 lumens color brightness and 3,000 lumens white brightness, and the PowerLite 1781W, PowerLite 1785W and PowerLite 1795F deliver 3,200 lumens color brightness and 3,200 lumens white brightness for vivid, uncompromising images(4)
Wireless Connectivity: Project from laptop, tablet, or smartphone without plugging into the projector for flexibility and mobility(1)
Quick and easy setup: Wireless setup from mobile devices by scanning QR code using phone or tablet device(1)
HDMI Video and Audio Display: Compatible with the latest laptops and media players
Higher Color Brightness and Wider Color Gamut: 3LCD, 3-chip technology for 3x Higher Color Brightness(2) and up to 3x Wider Color Gamut(3) than competitive DLP projectors.
Availability and Support
The PowerLite 1781W ($799 MSRP) projector will be sold through authorized retailers, and the PowerLite 1780W ($749 MSRP), 1785W ($1,099 MSRP) and 1795F ($1,249 MSRP) projectors will be sold through authorized Epson resellers.
All PowerLite products come with a two-year limited warranty and a 90-day limited lamp warranty, with next business day(5) replacement to the U.S. or Canada, free of charge and arriving with a postage-paid return shipping label. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 91 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
(1) For wireless functionality, including via the Epson iProjection App, the projector must be configured on a network, either through the Ethernet port on the projector (check model specifications for availability) or via a wireless connection. Check your owner's manual to determine if a wireless LAN module must be purchased separately to enable a wireless connection. Not all Epson projectors are able to be networked. The Epson iProjection App does not support all files and formats. See www.epson.com for details.
(2) Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. The projectors used by a third-party lab for measuring color brightness were leading 3LCD projectors and leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD sales data for June 2013 through May 2014 and PMA Research sales data for Q1 through Q3 2013.
(3) Gamut volume of leading Epson business and education projectors compared to leading 1-chip DLP projectors, based on NPD data for June 2013 through May 2014. Volume is measured in 3D in the CIE L*a*b* coordinate space.
(4) Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
(5) Expedited shipping not available in all areas. Road Service orders must be in by 3 p.m. Eastern Time for Next-Business-Day delivery.
Note: EPSON and Instant Off are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark and Epson iProjection is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.