P R E S S R E L E A S E
Epson Drives Display Innovation with Laser Projector Portfolio ExpansionCompany Delivers the Future of Display Technology with Large Venue, Corporate and Education Offerings
With its introduction of laser projection technology and the inherent benefits of long life and virtually no maintenance, Epson has expanded its reach into new markets. As the first manufacturer to combine inorganic 3LCD panels with an inorganic phosphor wheel, Epson continues to build on innovative laser features to connect people and technology with solutions for creative ideas, displays and collaboration across a variety of sectors, including corporate spaces, educational institutions, entertainment venues, and anywhere that long life, minimal maintenance and low cost of operation are significant.
"Laser represents the future of large display technology," said Richard Miller, director, product management, projectors, Epson America, Inc. "We are definitely seeing renewed interest and excitement in projection since introducing our first laser model more than two years ago. Utilizing our proven 3LCD technology in combination with robust laser-phosphor components, Epson is well positioned to provide customers with new collaborative experiences, uncompromising image quality, and high Color Brightness – all at a reasonable cost and virtually no maintenance time."
From flexible installations to diverse connectivity and brilliant image quality for even the most demanding environments, Epson laser projectors and displays offer vibrant images with incredibly precise detail, easy set-up, and up to 20,000 hours(1) of laser light source for a low maintenance high-quality solution that is backed by 25 years of 3LCD road-tested reliability. New models include:
- BrightLink Pro 1470Ui for Corporate – Delivering 4,000 lumens of color brightness and 4,000 lumens of white brightness(2) in full HD for brilliant images and impactful presentations, the BrightLink Pro interactive laser display works on nearly any flat surface turning it into an interactive finger and touch enabled digital whiteboard – turn it on and start writing – making it the ideal collaboration solution for the modern meeting room. Designed to change the way technologies, people and their ideas converge into one seamless digital experience, the 1470Ui offers a 100-inch display size to enhance and provide better readability for meeting rooms, and increase productivity and collaboration.
- BrightLink 710Ui for Classrooms – This interactive laser display converges technology, teachers, students, and their ideas into one seamless digital experience, resulting in a truly collaborative learning environment. The new laser display is perfect for the type of large format viewing that takes place in classrooms by delivering a large, bright, 100-inch image, up to 20,000 hours(3) of virtually maintenance free operation, and instant ON/OFF. Offering 4,000 lumens of color and 4,000 lumens of white brightness(2) with a Full HD WUXGA display for crisp images even in well-lit classrooms, built-in pen/touch interactivity, and multi-platform connectivity options, the 710Ui is the ultimate interactive display for the modern, collaborative classroom. The BrightLink 710Ui also works with popular software used in classrooms today and includes a one-year subscription to SMART Notebook®.
- PowerLite 700U – This ultra short-throw 3LCD laser display inspires creativity with stunning color and up to a 130-inch image in portrait or landscape mode with native WUXGA Full HD resolution for vibrant images. With 4,000 lumens of white brightness and 4,000 lumens of color brightness(2), the PowerLite 700U delivers sharpness and unmatched image quality, even in well-lit environments. Diverse connectivity options, remote management and control tools for ease of access and maintenance, 360-degree placement capabilities, and a dynamic contrast ratio of up to 2,500,00:1, are all included, making it ideal for signage, break rooms, conference rooms, classrooms, and areas where longevity and image quality combined make a difference.
- Pro L-Series – Ideal for rental and staging, as well as permanent large venue installations, the new Pro L-Series laser projectors enable creative professionals to present extraordinary content for the world to see. Seven new models are being introduced: six WUXGA projectors with 4K Enhancement(4) ranging from 12,000 to 15,000 lumens of color and white brightness(2) and one SXGA+ resolution projector with 15,000 lumens. The projectors feature new remote image capture with a built-in camera for diagnostic purposes, flexible connection options, high native contrast ratio, and flexible 360-degree installation and projection at any angle. The new Pro L-Series is also compatible with Epson's extensive selection of lenses, which is expanding to include a new ultra short-throw option, the ELPLX02 lens that projects from 100 inches up to 600 inches.
About BrightLink with DuoLink
Epson's BrightLink Pro and BrightLink Series with DuoLink takes communication and collaboration to the next level. This unique feature allows for installation of two BrightLink or BrightLink Pro interactive displays side-by-side to create one super-wide interactive space that can be used as an extended electronic whiteboard up to 177.5-inches diagonally. This large canvas enables even more collaboration, multi-tasking and productivity. Users can also utilize the extended desktop function to display and annotate content from a PC across a wider area.
Availability and Support
The BrightLink Pro 1470Ui, BrightLink 710Ui and PowerLite 700U will be available in November 2017, and the seven new Pro L-Series projectors will be available in December 2017. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
The color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society for Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today's high definition content, presenters can display content with higher quality in brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. For more information, visit www.colorlightoutput.com.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 72,000 employees in 88 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
(1) 20,000 hours is the estimated projector life when used in Normal Mode. Actual hours may vary depending on mode and usage environment. The new BrightLink Pro, BrightLink and PowerLite projectors come with a three-year limited warranty. The Pro L-Series projectors have a limited warranty of three years or 20,000 hours, whichever comes first.
(2) Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
(3) 20,000 hours is the estimated projector life when used in Normal Mode. Actual hours may vary depending on mode and usage environment. The BrightLink 710Ui comes with a three-year limited warranty.
(4) 4K Enhancement Technology shifts each pixel diagonally by 0.5 pixels to double the resolution and surpass Full HD image quality.
Note: Epson and PowerLite are registered trademarks and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. BrightLink is a registered trademark of Epson America, Inc. All other product names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.