Epson Launches the PowerLite 685W for Classroom SMART Presentation Displays
New Ultra Short-Throw Presentation Display Works Seamlessly with SMART Board M685 and 885 Interactive Whiteboards to Increase Classroom Collaboration
“Through our longstanding partnership with SMART, Epson is able to provide industry leading display technology for K-12 classrooms,” said Veronika Knight, product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. “Epson PowerLite 685W for SMART’s compatibility with the SMART Board M685 and 885 interactive whiteboards, as well as the presentation display’s functionality takes collaboration and classroom learning to the next level.”
The PowerLite 685W for SMART leverages Epson’s proprietary 3LCD technology which offers up to 3x higher color brightness than competitive models(2). The presentation display delivers 3,500 lumens of color and white brightness(3), WXGA resolution, and includes versatile connectivity to meet a variety of classroom needs.
“SMART is committed to providing technology and software that ensure classrooms are collaborative and engaging,” said Fraser Smith, Manager, Group Programs, SMART Technologies. “The new PowerLite 685W for SMART provides customers the ability to maintain an integrated SMART interactive whiteboard system, powered by SMART Learning Suite software, with top-of-the-line projection technology.”
Ideal for BYOD classrooms, the new PowerLite 685W for SMART offers wireless functionality to help students learn and collaborate. It enables instructors to share content between the big screen and wirelessly connected mobile devices for individualized learning. Students can wirelessly participate in discussions by displaying content from Chromebooks, PCs and Mac® computers, as well as iOS and Android devices, with the Epson iProjection wireless display solution(4). Up to 50 users can connect to the projector simultaneously when used in conjunction with Epson Multi-PC projection plus the Moderator device management software. Displaying content from as many as four students simultaneously, it’s the perfect tool for showing a variety of content, or for comparing students’ work side-by-side(5).
The PowerLite 685W for SMART also offers additional networking capabilities that allow schools to manage up to 1,024 Epson networked displays using the EasyMP® Monitor software or Crestron RoomView®. Teachers can also connect to an access point on the network to share their display with the entire class, without adding more cables. Additionally, using the Message Broadcasting plug-in for EasyMP Monitor, schools can send updates or announcements remotely to up to 1,024 Epson networked displays.
More about Epson’s new PowerLite 685W for SMART
The PowerLite 685W for SMART provides amazing quality, flexibility and performance for classroom collaboration, with features including:
• Compatible – Specially designed to work with SMART Board M685 and 885 interactive whiteboards
• Seamless integration – Connect and control a display via the SMART Extended Control Panel (ECP)(1)
• Ultra Short-Throw Presentation Displays – Provides virtually no shadow interference from eight inches away
• Up to 3x Higher Color Brightness(2), and Reliable Performance – Offers 3LCD, 3-chip technology
• Versatile Connectivity – 3x HDMI® supports multiple high-definition A/V devices, with MHL® support(6)
• Enhance Classroom Collaboration – Wireless display solution allows teachers to control personal device display and encourages students to participate(4)
• Bright Display – High brightness along with 3LCD technology creates bright, colorful images
• Long-Life Lamps – Lasts up to 10,000 hours in ECO Mode(7)
• Remote Management – Easy network connectivity with software included
• Powerful Sound– Built-in 16W speaker and microphone input, or use external speakers, even in Standby Mode, for powerful sound to engage every student
As a leader in innovation and partnership, Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for a total of five years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors and associated accessories.
About Epson Education Products
Designed with educator input, Epson’s advanced presentation display and projector technologies make bright, collaborative learning environments a reality. Compatible with a wide range of devices and widely-used interactive software, Epson presentation displays make it easy for teachers to share content to engage students, no matter where they sit in the classroom. Epson’s unmatched technology, service and support ensure educators are confident that vivid, bright images and multimedia are available in the classroom every day.
Availability and Support
The PowerLite 685W for SMART will be available in October 2017 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, distribution, Epson.com, and the Brighter Futures program. Epson PowerLite presentation displays come with a two-year limited warranty (five years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line, and a Road Service replacement program that includes product exchange in one business day with paid shipping. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/education.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 72,000 employees in 88 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
(1) Existing SMART Board M685 and 885 installations require the SMART Cable Adapter Kit, sold separately.
(2) Color brightness (color light output) in brightest mode, measured by a third-party lab in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. Top-selling Epson 3LCD projectors versus top-selling 1-chip DLP projectors based on PMA Research sales data for Dec. 2015 through Nov. 2016.
(3) Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
(4) For wireless functionality, including via the Epson iProjection App, the projector must be configured on a network, either through the Ethernet port on the projector (check model specification for availability) or via a wireless connection. Check your owner’s manual to determine if a wireless LAN module must be purchased separately to enable a wires connection. Not all Epson projector are able to be networked. The Epson iProjection App does not support all files and formats. See www.epson.com for details.
(5) Moderator feature is part of EasyMP Multi-PC Projection software.
(6) Includes one Mobile High-Definition Link® (MHL) HDMI port.
(7) Normal Mode is up to 5,000 hours. Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.
Note: Epson, EasyMP and PowerLite are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark and Epson iProjection is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Brighter Futures is a registered trademark of Epson America, Inc. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google is a registered trademark and Android and Chromebook are trademarks of Google Inc. All other product names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.