Epson Launches Nine New PowerLite Projectors for K-12 Classrooms
New PowerLite Models Provide Versatile, High-Quality Display Technology for Today's Classrooms
"Educators understand the importance of having the best display technology in the classroom to deliver dynamic, engaging lessons to students," said Veronika Knight, product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. "Our newest series of PowerLite projectors provide affordable, reliable, flexible display technology with amazing image quality and the ability to wirelessly connect multiple devices and display multiple screens simultaneously. Their two-way content sharing ability and vivid, bright color display – even in well-lit classrooms – make them a perfect technology to support collaborative learning."
The new PowerLite projectors leverage Epson's proprietary 3LCD technology to deliver up to 3x higher color brightness than competitive 1-chip DLP projector models(3) and include features to improve the ease of installation and setup. To support BYOD classrooms, the projectors provide enhanced wireless display technology allowing teachers to connect the projector to up to 50Chromebooks, PCs and Mac® computers, and iOS and Android devices. Educators can also simultaneously display up to four screens with the Epson iProjection(4) wireless display solution.
Eight of the nine projectors offer two-way content sharing, which allows teachers to push content from the projector to wirelessly connected devices, and control which device screens to display. Students can take notes and send their work back to the projector(4). The PowerLite S39 offers a huge 350-inch diagonal screen size with Split Screen capability(5) for side-by-side viewing.
More about Epson's new PowerLite series
The Epson PowerLite projectors provide robust features that make them ideal for the K-12 classroom, including:
Remarkable Color Accuracy – Up to 3x Higher Color Brightness(3) and up to 3x Wider Color Gamut(6) with Epson over 1-chip DLP projectors
Resolution – Native WUXGA, WXGA, XGA, and SVGA displays
Flexible, Easy Installation and Setup – Most models include ±30 degrees vertical and horizontal keystone correction, Easy-Slide control, and Quick Corner®
Long-Life, Low-Cost Lamps – Up to 12,000 hours in ECO Mode(2) (up to 10,000 hours for the PowerLite S39(7))
Advanced Network Control – Some models include RJ-45 and optional wireless connectivity for remote projector management, presentations over the network, and more
HDMI® Connectivity – Projectors in the series offer connectivity options such as 2x HDMI to connect multiple A/V devices, HDMI digital connectivity, which allows video and audio to be connected with just one cable, and 1x MHL-enabled port(8)
Powerful, Engaging Sound – Some models include a built-in 16W speaker and microphone input; teachers can also use external speakers even in Standby Mode
As a leader in innovation and partnership, Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for a total of five years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors and associated accessories.
About Epson Education Products
Designed with educator input, Epson's advanced presentation display and projector technologies make bright, collaborative learning environments a reality. Compatible with a wide range of devices and widely-used software, Epson presentation displays make it easy for teachers to share content to engage students, no matter where they sit in the classroom. Epson's unmatched technology, service and support ensure educators are confident that vivid, bright images and multimedia are available in the classroom every day.
Availability and Support
The new PowerLite projectors will be available beginning in November(9) through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, distribution, Epson.com, and the Brighter Futures program. Epson PowerLite presentation displays come with a two-year limited warranty (five years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line, and a Road Service replacement program that includes product exchange in one business day with paid shipping. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/education.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 72,000 employees in 88 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson's regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
1. Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
2. ECO Mode is up to 12,000 hours. Normal Mode is up to 6,000 hours. Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.
3. Color brightness (color light output) in brightest mode, measured by a third-party lab in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions. Top-selling Epson 3LCD projectors versus top-selling 1-chip DLP projectors based on PMA Research sales data for Dec. 2015 through Nov. 2016.
4. For wireless functionality, including via the Epson iProjection App, the projector must be configured on a network, either through the Ethernet port on the projector (check model specifications for availability) or via a wireless connection. Check your owner's manual to determine if a wireless LAN module must be purchased separately to enable a wireless connection. Not all Epson projectors are able to be networked. The Epson iProjection App does not support all files and formats. See www.epson.com for details.
5. Consult your user manual for input combinations.
6. Gamut volume in brightest mode, measured by a third-party lab in 3D in the CIE L*a*b* coordinate space. Top-selling Epson 3LCD projectors versus top-selling 1-chip DLP projectors based on PMA Research sales data for Dec. 2015 through Nov. 2016.
7. ECO Mode is up to 10,000 hours. Normal Mode is up to 6,000 hours. Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.
8. Includes one Mobile High-Definition Link® (MHL) HDMI port.
9. Availability/shipping varies by model.
Note: Epson and PowerLite are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark and Epson iProjection is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Brighter Futures is a registered trademark of Epson America, Inc. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google is a registered trademark and Android and Chromebook are trademarks of Google Inc. All other product names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.