P R E S S R E L E A S E
Epson Launches Pro Cinema 4050 4K PRO-UHD Projector with HDREngineered to Deliver an Immersive 4K Viewing Experience with 100 Percent Balanced Color Brightness, Ultra-Wide Color Gamut and Extraordinary Detail
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (CEDIA Expo 2018, Booth #5734) – Sept. 6, 2018 – Epson, the number-one projector manufacturer in the world, today introduced the Pro Cinema 4050 4K PRO-UHD (1) Projector with HDR (2) – offering an immersive 4K viewing experience with high brightness, extensive color and incredible detail. This premium home theater projector leverages Epson’s new, proprietary 4K PROUHD technology which features an improved version of Epson’s advanced pixel-shifting, resolutionenhancement technology,1 along with an expansive color gamut, high dynamic range and 100 percent balanced color brightness to display stunning 4K content with an extraordinary range of color and detail in every scene.
“With expansive brightness, brilliant, color-rich imagery, and state-of-the art pixel shift technology, the new Pro Cinema 4050 4K PRO-UHD allows viewers to enjoy remarkable 4K UHD content that is nothing short of amazing” said Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America. “The Pro Cinema 4050 offers an immersive viewing experience of movies the way they were meant to be seen – on the big screen with bright, full colored imagery and stunning resolution. With Epson’s proprietary 3LCD chip technology, unlike many competitive models, it has no rainbow effect.”
The Epson Pro Cinema 4050 is the first projector with Epson’s new 4K PRO-UHD technology. Epson 4K PRO-UHD features an advanced, high performance optical engine that generates high color brightness and white brightness, color accuracy, and dramatic contrast with HDR102. Paired with advanced lens capabilities, as well as the capability to receive, process and project native 4K using Epson’s advanced pixel-shifting, resolution-enhancement technology, the Pro Cinema 4050 delivers an exceptional viewing experience.
More About the Pro Cinema 4050
Additional features include:
• HDR High Dynamic Range and Rich Black Contrast — full 10-bit color output2 and a contrast ratio up to 200,000:1 deliver an extraordinary range of color and detail in both bright and dark scenes
• Advanced 3-Chip, 3LCD Technology — sophisticated parallel pixel processing and a stateof-the-art 3-chip architecture deliver amazing color accuracy, color brightness and color gamut
• Epson’s Advanced Projection Lens — state-of-the-art 15-element glass projection lens displays a bright, uniform image with virtually no hot spots or chromatic aberration
• L*a*b* Ultra Wide Color Gamut — delivers 100% of the 3-dimensional DCI-P3 color gamut(4), the digital cinema standard, with 50% wider color gamut than Rec. 709
• 3-Axis Precision Motor — for powered focus, 2.1x zoom, up to ± 96% horizontal and up to ± 47% vertical lens shift, and 10 preset positions
• Delta Level Color Accuracy — low Delta E, for extremely accurate color reproduction
• 100% Balanced Color and White Brightness — 2,400 lumens of color and 2,400 lumens of white brightness3 for vibrant, rich color
• Smooth, Crisp Images and Transitions — 12-bit digital color processing chip with Frame Interpolation and proprietary Advanced Motion Control
• No Color Wheel — images are free from any distracting rainbow effect; balanced color and white brightness means no white segments
• Pro Cinema Kit – Features a three-year limited warranty (90 days on lamps), a ceiling mount, cable cover, and extra lamp for added installation flexibility.
Availability and Support
The Pro Cinema 4050 will be on display and demoed at Epson’s booth #5734 at CEDIA Expo 2018, Sept. 6-8.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 76,000 employees in 87 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica). # # #
EPSON is a registered trademark and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PrivateLine is a registered trademark and Extra Care is a service mark of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2018 Epson America, Inc.
1. 4K Enhancement Technology shifts each pixel diagonally to double Full HD resolution. Resolution is Full HD in 3D Mode.
RSS Feeds | Advertise | Dealer Registration | Mfg Registration | Policies | About Us | Contact Us9/19/2018 - 03:23 PM PST | ©1999-2018 ProjectorCentral.com
Copyright Permissions | School Donations | Lost & Found | Site Guide | Support Us
FAQ | Buy Local | Creative Projection Videos
Two Camera Guys | HDTV Solutions | Big Screen Forums