Lasergraphics Offers World's First True HDTV Digital LCD Projector
Irvine, California, - June 10, 2000 - Lasergraphics, Inc. announces the immediate availability of its new LG2001 Digital Projector system. In addition to HDTV, this ultra-high resolution digital projector connects easily to any PC and projects jaggy-free images at QXGA (2048 x 1536) resolution with 2000 ANSI lumens of brightness.
The LG2001 is the only desktop LCD projector to display HDTV full motion video at full (1920 x 1080) resolution without down sampling or dropping pixels from the image. At QXGA resolution, it displays computer-generated presentations at higher than HDTV and with four times more pixels than XGA. It also accepts and projects text and images from all conventional computer and video sources.
Weighing in at 17 pounds, the LG2001 provides installation flexibility and can be used as a desktop, ceiling-mounted or portable projector. It is ideal for boardrooms, conference rooms, home theater applications and wherever graphic-rich, multimedia presentations are required.
List priced at $12,995 (USA), this user-friendly and bright projector provides the very latest in advanced electronics and features for delivering stunning images and high definition video in any setting.
- D-REX™ (Digital Resolution Expander™) Technology - Using our exclusive D-REX Technology, the LG2001 Digital Projector System delivers QXGA (2048 x 1536) pixel resolution. QXGA resolution eliminates jaggy, blocky text and graphics and gives you four times more resolution than standard XGA projectors.
- HDTV - The LG2001 is the only desktop projector to display HDTV in full 1920 x 1080 resolution without down-sampling or dropping pixels (with optional adaptor). The system accepts 16:9 high definition television signals in both 1080i and 720p formats.
- Digital Video Driver Software - The LG2001 uses Lasergraphics' custom driver that enhances MS Windows 95, 98, 2000 and NT so it can operate at QXGA resolution.
- True Digital Connectivity - The LG2001 uses special QXGA Digital Video Adaptors that plug into any PC-CardBus or PCI slot and allow your computer to digitally transmit QXGA images. Your PC's existing video output is not used and therefore it doesn't matter what resolution it has.
- DVI Adaptor (Optional) - Provides a fully digital interface to DVI capable video cards up to QXGA resolution. This feature was co-developed with ATI.
- True (24-Bit) Color - This feature brings your images to life with accurate shading and smooth gradient backgrounds. Your PC's existing color output is not used so you are no longer limited to the color settings built into your computer.
- Other Special Features - Digital keystone correction. Intuitive on-screen graphic user interface in seven languages. Power zoom. Power focus. Gamma correction. Built-in laser pointer and CineView™ Video LineDoubler.
- D-REX™ image processor performance - Over 4.8 billion (4,800 million arithmetic operations per second).
- Resolution - QXGA (2048 x 1536) color pixels, HDTV (1920 x 1080) color pixels.
- Brightness - 2000 ANSI Lumens.
- Contrast ratio - 300:1
- Input signals -
Digital video: QXGA native, 1080i/720p HDTV (with optional adaptor) and DVI (with optional adaptor).
Analog video: VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA (with compression), Mac13", Mac16", Mac19", Mac21" and DVD players, as well as S-video, Composite video, Component video, NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, PAL 60 and SECAM video formats.
For additional information on the LG2001 Digital Projector System, call 800 727-2655
Founded in 1981, Lasergraphics first designed, manufactured, and marketed controllers to interface color laser printers to mainframe and mini computers.
Since that time, the Company's dedication to research and development has resulted in advanced digital film recorders, related co-processors and separate controllers, rasterizing software, a graphics language, various printer controllers, and LCD projectors. All this allowed Lasergraphics to emerge as a technology leader in solutions for the computer presentations and graphics market.
As it always has, the Company strives to be the price/performance leader in high-quality output from digital film recorders, LCD projectors, and other graphics devices.
Larry Taylor - Marketing Manager