INFOCUS UNVEILS FIRST FULL FEATURED THREE-POUND DIGITAL PROJECTOR: PROXIMA ULTRALIGHT X350
Projection leader introduces first of its line of three-pound class projectors, focuses on the fast growing mobile market
SAN DIEGO, Calif. - October 17, 2000 - InFocus Corporation(r) (NASDAQ: INFS; OSE: IFC), the worldwide leader in data/video projection, today launched the Proxima-branded UltraLight X350, its premier three-pound projector. Featuring the latest in projection technology, the 1100-lumen Proxima UltraLight(r) X350 is the industry's first digital projector to include true XGA (1024 X 768) resolution and "smart" electronics in an easy-to-use, easy-to-carry three-pound package. Additionally, this tiny projector is upgradeable - users can take advantage of video functionality by connecting a video module ($250 value, free for a limited time) that adds support for RCA, S-video and a speaker.
Based on Texas Instruments Digital Light Processing(DLP) technology, and incorporating a host of user-friendly features, the UltraLight X350 sets a new standard for performance in digital and personal projection technology, including:
* Go and stay ... the UltraLight X350 is small enough to take on the road, but bright and versatile enough to be used permanently in conference rooms and offices. It's the first three-pound product that can go ... and stay.
* "Smart" electronics ... the UltraLight X350 is the industry's first personal product to feature automatic room light sensing, auto source selection and adaptive cooling to guarantee optimal image quality, easy set up and use in any room environment.
* ProjectorManager(tm) ... the UltraLight X350 ships standard with Proxima's new ProjectorManager software, allowing users to quickly and easily operate the projector directly from their computer.
* Modular/upgradeable ... the only upgradeable three-pound product on the market, the UltraLight X350 includes for a limited time a free ($250 value) video module. In the future, with additional modules, users will be able to take advantage of Proxima's ProjectionLink single wire connection for easy installation and HDTV connectivity for enhanced video applications.
* Whisper quiet ... the UltraLight X350 offers whisper quiet operation - less than 32 dB - so users can focus on the task at hand, not on the projector.
* Connectivity ... future-ready with Digital Visual Interface (DVI/I), the UltraLight X350 features pure digital connectivity for emerging standards and flexibility for applications leveraging traditional analog PCs, digital PCs, DVD players and digital cameras.
"DLP technology has allowed the development of bright projectors that are smaller and lighter to drive demand up significantly in the fastest growing projector segment," said Bill Coggshall, president of Pacific Media Associates (www.pacificmediaassociates.com, Mountain View, CA). "With ground breaking products like the Proxima UltraLight X350, a new, even smaller projector category is being created that could exceed 600,000 units worldwide by the year 2003."
"With the Proxima UltraLight X350, InFocus launches its family of three-pound, full-featured digital projectors, and completes the industry's most comprehensive line of mobile projectors," said Werner T. Heid, executive vice president of InFocus Corporation. "As small as a daily planner and easy to set up, the Proxima UltraLight X350 offers the ultimate in flexibility - performance features and functionality that are ideal for personal mobility as well as conference room applications." The UltraLight X350 also includes digital keystone correction and zoom capability for a perfect image regardless of projector placement, USB support for connecting a mouse at any time, and color-coded connectors and cables that make set-up a snap.
Warranties and Availability
The UltraLight X350 comes with the security of a 90-day (or 500-hour) limited lamp warranty plus two years of free ProXchange(tm) service for overnight projector replacement in the unlikely event that an UltraLight X350 will need repair.
It is anticipated that this fully featured three-pound projector will be available in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia in November 2000 through Proxima's worldwide network of resellers including audio visual resellers, PC distributors and others. The estimated street price for the UltraLight X350 is US$4,799.
Proxima offers a wide range of multimedia projectors, audio and video conferencing solutions and presentation tools to increase the efficiency and productivity of its customers. For information about Proxima products, visit www.proxima.com or call 1.888.PROXIMA.
About InFocus Corporation
InFocus Corporation (NASDAQ: INFS; OSE: IFC) is the worldwide leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing award-winning data/video projectors, technologies and services. The company provides its worldwide customers with the industry's most comprehensive line of projectors and presentation products marketed under its three brands: InFocus, Proxima and ASK. Solutions range from the three-pound class of mobile projectors to feature-packed conference room projectors, super bright fixed installation systems along with audio- and video-conferencing equipment. InFocus Corporation's global headquarters are located in Wilsonville, Oregon. For more information, visit the InFocus Corporation web site at www.infocus.com or contact the company toll-free at 800.294.6400 (U.S. only) or 503.685.8888.
# # #
InFocus, Proxima, Proxima UltraLight and ASK are registered trademarks, and ProXchange is a trademark, of InFocus Corporation "Digital Light Processing" and "DLP" are trademarks of Texas Instruments
Public Relations Contacts:
Investor Relations Contacts: