P R E S S R E L E A S E
InFocus Unveils the Ultimate in Mobile Projection with Three-Pound LP130 Digital ProjectorIndustry Leader Powerful Performance in Smallest Ever Footprint
WILSONVILLE, Ore., February 15, 2001 - InFocus Corporation® (NASDAQ:INFS, OSE: IFC), the worldwide leader in digital projection and pioneer in mobile projection technology, today announced its premium three-pound digital projector - the new benchmark in projector portability. The InFocus LP130 is 40 percent smaller than last year's number one selling microportable (the InFocus LP330/335) and features 1100 lumens of brightness, true multimedia functionality and XGA resolution. This projector incorporates Digital Light Processing(tm) technology from Texas Instruments and offers outstanding color clarity, integrated video and digital connectivity. With no compromises on performance, weight or quality, InFocus has set the new standard for mobile projection.
Remarkable Growth Potential in the Personal Projector Market
According to International Data Corporation, the microportable projector category is expected to more than double in 2001, with approximately 335,000 units expected to sell worldwide this year. "A number of innovations and technology advancements have come together to reduce the size and weight of projectors while simultaneously increasing the brightness and resolution of these portable devices. Those factors, combined with a growing number of mobile professionals, have rapidly shifted projectors from specialty items to essential business tools," said Eric Haruki, research manager with IDC.
Powerful Performance in the Industry's Smallest Package
- Ultra mobility - Measuring only 110 cubic inches, the LP130 is smaller than a laptop PC. With dimensions of 6.7 inches by 8.6 inches by 2 inches, it provides remarkable performance in its three-pound package
- Superior brightness and color clarity - At 1100 lumens, the LP130 is one of the brightest digital projectors in the mobile category with color quality surpassing any other DLP(tm) projector in its class
- True 1024 x 768 (XGA) resolution and 400:1 contrast ratio - Incorporates the latest DLP* technology, enabling crisp, clear images, exceptional resolution and brilliant color contrast for even brighter appearance
- Future-ready - Features HDTV compatibility and the standard M1-DA connector that incorporates Digital Visual Interface (DVI) digital, analog and USB connectivity
- Multimedia functionality - ready to present - Includes integrated video and multiple source options, combined with a zoom lens and digital keystone correction
- Cutting-edge design - The LP130's modern design features a strong and light magnesium case, standard notebook PC style power cable, and a 2000-hour lamp life
Ideal for multimedia and traditional business presentations, the InFocus LP130 offers a complete feature set for maximum visual impact and richly detailed images. The LP130 is also suitable for other mobile applications and supports a broad spectrum of image sources including HDTV, DVD-players, camcorders and gaming consoles.
"The InFocus LP130, the second addition to our three-pound family, is the no-compromise, ultimate mobile projector that satisfies the needs of high-powered presenters who demand the best products for their mobile arsenal," said Werner Heid, executive vice president, InFocus Corporation. "By offering a diverse product line in the microportable category, InFocus is uniquely positioned to meet the market's evolving projection needs and take advantage of the category's exceptional growth."
Warranties and Availability
The LP130 is available at an estimated street price of US$4,999. This microportable projector comes with a two-year standard product warranty, 7X24 Technical Support, and one year of Priority Care(tm), offering the assurance that if an issue cannot be solved quickly over the phone, a replacement projector will be sent by the next business day. Available accessories include an executive leather carrying case that holds both the LP130 and a laptop computer, and a hard rolling case ideal for shipping purposes.
About InFocus Corporation
InFocus Corporation (NASDAQ: INFS; OSE: IFC) is the worldwide leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing award-winning digital projectors, technologies and services. The company provides its worldwide customers with the industry's most comprehensive line of projectors and presentation products marketed under its three brands: InFocus, Proxima and ASK. Solutions range from the three-pound class of mobile projectors and feature-packed conference room products to super bright fixed installation systems. InFocus Corporation's global headquarters are located in Wilsonville, Oregon. For more information, visit the InFocus Corporation web site at www.infocus.com
InFocus, Proxima, and ASK are registered trademarks and LP is a trademark of InFocus Corporation. "Digital Light Processing" and "DLP" are trademarks of Texas Instruments.