NEWEST PROJECTORS RE-AFFIRM CHRISTIE DIGITAL'S
COMMITMENT TO RENTAL STAGERS
- Two New LCD Projectors Promise Affordable High Performance -
Cypress, CA - (November 29, 2001) - Christie Digital Systems, a leading provider of high performance projectors, is expanding its Rental Staging line with the introduction of the new RoadRunner L6 and L8 projectors. Designed for rental staging environments such as conferences, tradeshows, exhibitions and other large venues, the new RoadRunners complement Christie's offering of Rental Staging products. With the addition of these LCD projectors, Christie now offers a wider selection of high performing Rental Staging projectors with different price points and brightness levels to suit any event requirement.
The new RoadRunner projectors implement the latest LCD-1.8" panel technology and offer a full complement of digital and multimedia features. As the most affordable projector in the Rental Staging line, Roadrunner L6 packs 5200 ANSI lumens, 1024x768 (XGA) resolution and a contrast ratio of 700:1 in a 45-lbs unit based on a dual lamp illumination system. At the next price point, the RoadRunner L8 offers up 7700 ANSI lumens, 1024x768 (XGA) resolution and a contrast ratio of 800:1 in a 78-lbs unit based on a quad lamp system.
"Roadrunners are best suited for rental staging environments because they provide high brightness at an affordable price, XGA resolution and redundant lamp design which allows the show to continue without interruption," says Andrew Melchers, Christie's product manager for Rental Staging products.
The RoadRunner L6 and L8 share complementary features making them an ideal projector set. With nine interchangeable lenses that work for both the L6 and the L8 - purchasing one set of lenses equips you for both projectors. With power zoom, focus and lens shift, these projectors are easy to set up allowing for the show to be ready in mere minutes.
Investment, Ease of Operation and Features
- Nine optional interchangeable lenses work for both L6 and L8 units: purchasing one of each lens prepares customers for any installation
- Multiple lamp design offers lamp redundancy and failsafe operation
- Power zoom, focus and lens shift features allow for easy set up even minutes before show time
- A modular interface panel allows complete customization with various optional interface modules
- The digital visual interface (DVI) for computer graphics, analog RGB, composite video input, S-Video and HDTV component input ensures all sources are pristine and artefact-free
- By using the same modular architecture, each projector is easily serviceable hence reducing total cost of ownership
- A unique control keypad allows for easy navigation before and during the presentation
The RoadRunner L6 is expected to ship early December 2001 and the anticipated shipping date for the RoadRunner L8 is mid-December 2001. Full product specifications are found online at http://www.christiedigital.com.
About Christie Digital Systems
Christie Digital Systems, Inc. is a world leader in high-performance projection solutions for cinema, control rooms, rental staging, 3D, immersive environments, meeting rooms, conference rooms and fixed installation environments. Christie Digital Systems has over seven decades of expertise in providing film projection technology to the cinema industry and more than 25,000 large screen projection solutions installed worldwide. As the first DLP Cinema™ licensee, Christie Digital is the first to play a leading role in the development of digital cinema projection. Christie Digital is an Academy Award recipient for its gearless projectors and has received numerous industry-specific awards for the world's first DLP Cinema™ projector and the Roadie, the world's first purpose-built rental staging projector. Christie Digital Systems is a jointly-owned subsidiary of Ushio America, Inc. and Ushio, Inc. For more information, visit the company's Web site at http://www.christiedigital.com.
For more information, please contact:
Christie Digital Systems