CHRISTIE DIGITAL EXPANDS VIVID LINE TO INCLUDE
TWO NEW LCD PROJECTORS
- Project Your Best Image™ with Vivid White™ and Vivid Blue™ -
Köln, Germany - (September 12, 2001) - Christie Digital Systems, a leading provider of high performance projectors, is expanding its Vivid line with the introduction of the new Vivid White and Vivid Blue projectors. Designed for sophisticated projection environments like arenas, auditoriums, mega-churches, theme parks, amusement parks, lecture halls, museums and casinos, the new Vivid projectors implement the latest LCD-1.8" panel technology and offer a full complement of digital and multimedia features.
As the flagship in the Vivid line, Vivid White packs 7700 ANSI lumens, unprecedented 1600x1200 (UXGA) resolution and a contrast ratio of 800:1 in a 78-lbs unit based on a quad lamp system. Lighter, at 45-lbs, Vivid Blue offers up to 5800 ANSI lumens, 1280x1024 (SXGA) resolution and a contrast ratio of 700:1 from a dual lamp illumination.
"Sophisticated A/V technology as found in Vivid White and Vivid Blue is an effective tool to help customers communicate and deliver their messages," says Zoran Veselic, Christie's director of product management, "These multimedia projectors offer the right combination of brightness and resolution to create lasting impressions."
Both Vivid White and Vivid Blue share numerous features making for an ideal projector set. The projectors are designed to complement each other and offer additional value by making it easier to operate and service. For customers with advanced projection needs these projectors offer real time and money savings. Both products feature the highest in image quality including HDTV compatibility and complete customization and multimedia control. For instance,
High Image Quality/Resolution/HDTV-compatibility
- Interchangeable and various optional lenses work for both White and Blue units: purchasing one of each lens prepares customers for any projection requirement.
- The same UHP lamp source allows for efficient shared resources during times of critical performance.
- The new high definition progressive scan further enhances images sent from HDTV sources.
Customization, Multimedia and Total Control
- A similar modular interface panel allows complete customization for lock-in of various sources.
- The digital visual interface (DVI) for computer graphics, analog RGB, RCA composite video input, S-Video and HDTV component input ensures all sources are pristine and artefact-free.
- By using the same modular architecture, each projector is easily serviceable hence reducing total cost of ownership.
- A unique control keypad allows for easy navigation before and during the presentation.
- Power zoom and power focus features allow for easy set up even minutes before show time.
- Multiple lamp design offers lamp redundancy and failsafe operation.
In addition, Vivid White operates with further customization and presentation control because of its digital keystone correction and a four-way up/down/left/right power lens shift allowing for optimum lens positioning. As well, the fully motorized lens mount in the Vivid White secures total flexibility in settings with varied screen sizes and distances.
Product Demonstration at INFOCOMM Europe 2001
To see all Vivid products including Vivid White, Vivid Blue and Vivid Red™, visit Christie Digital's stand at INFOCOMM Europe 2001 in Hall 2, Floor 2, Stand F051/F059 in the Köln Messe, Köln, Germany from September 12 -14, 2001.
About Christie Digital Systems
Christie Digital Systems, Inc. is a world leader in high-performance projection solutions for cinema, control rooms, rental staging, 3D, immersive environments, meeting rooms, conference rooms and fixed installation environments. Christie Digital Systems has more than 70 years expertise in providing film projection technology to the cinema industry and more than 25,000 large screen projection solutions installed worldwide. As the first DLP Cinema™ licensee, Christie Digital is the first to play a leading role in the development of digital cinema projection. Christie Digital is an Academy Award recipient for its gearless projectors and has received numerous industry-specific awards for DigiPro™, the world's first DLP Cinema™ projector and the Roadie, the world's first purpose-built rental staging projector. Christie Digital Systems is a jointly-owned subsidiary of Ushio America, Inc. and Ushio, Inc. For more information, visit the company's Web site at http://www.christiedigital.com.
For more information, please contact:
Christie Digital Systems
Project Your Best Image™, Vivid White™, Vivid Blue™ and Vivid Red™ are trademarks of Christie Digital Systems, Inc.