Mitsubishi Display Products Announces 1000 ANSI Lumen, Ultra-Portable, XGA LCD Projector
The world’s lightest and brightest LCD projector for mobile presenters with professional-performance demands.
CYPRESS, Calif., January 4, 1999 -- Mitsubishi Display Products, creator of the industrys broadest line of award-winning monitor and projection products, today announced the newest, and smallest, addition to its presentation product line, the X120 LCD projector. The mighty little projector is designed for the travelling professional who wants the best presentation tool in the smallest package. The X120 has the industrys brightest specs and strongest feature set found in a ten-pound projector and carries an estimated street price of only $8,995.
"The X120 is the technological compilation of the most requested set of features and tools needed by mobile professionals," said Karl Seppala, Mitsubishis senior manager for display marketing. "After addressing lightness and brightness as the overwhelming favorites, Mitsubishi then added many other capabilities previously available only on much larger and more expensive products."
Professional Presentation Features
The X120 feature set provides valuable presentation tools for any presenter who insists on dynamic but easy-to-use functions.
PC Card Input Slot A built-in PCMCIA card slot allows for computer-free presentations and low-cost field force automation. No need to lug heavy laptops when a single credit-card sized device works instead. It is also easy to pocket several customized presentations on separate cards for that extended road trip calling for multiple presentations. An automatic and continuous PC card playback system and built in speakers facilitate impressive, easy-to-build and easy-to-run multimedia tradeshow or conference programs. The PC card slot is also ideal for immediate display of images from todays new digital cameras equipped with PC cards.
Enhanced Lamp Technology At 1000 ANSI lumens, the X120 is easily the brightest LCD projector in its class. A user-changeable, 150-watt, short mercury-arc lamp provides the brilliance equal to that of a 300-watt, metal halide bulb. This enhanced projection technology can create clear and crisp images ranging from 20 to 260 inches.
Digital Magnification The X120s brightness capacity enables presentations even in larger venues. Now the mobile presenter can reach the person in the farthest corners of the room with even the smallest of presentation details. The digital magnification feature selects and enlarges image areas, such as spreadsheets, photographic images or intricate CAD/CAM schematics for full-screen, easy-to-see displays.
Space Pointer Remote A wireless remote control provides for efficient and mobile manipulation of the presentation. All feature options are accessible from the remote, including laser annotation. For the mobile presenter who misplaces the remote? All controls are also accessible from the control panel on the projector.
Gamma Correction For the professional presenter or trainer with workstation applications or in industries such as pre-press, medical or advertising, where color matching is critical, the X120 has on-screen gamma correction. A simple-to-operate selection of separate RGB color bars and an onboard memory cache allow the end-user to adjust and save color-matched profiles inside the projector itself!
The 10-pound, feature-rich X120 uses three polysilicon active-matrix LCD panels to produce an XGA resolution of 1024 x 768, or a compressed resolution of 1280 x 1024. The X120 also has a horizontal scanning range from 15 to 81 kHz and vertical from 50 to 85 Hz. The X120 has been designed for quick and easy set-up and, although it comes with an optional carrying case, it can be packed into most of todays airline-approved, carry-on luggage. Additional mobile features include worldwide voltage sensing, electronic keystone correction from 2 to 16 degrees, and an RS232C serial port.
The X120 provides accurate high-resolution imaging from a variety of video formats, including RGB, S-VHS, NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, and SECAM, as well as Apple® , IBM® , and many workstation computer graphics standards. The new projector is also backed by a three-year Emergency Roadside Assistance (ERA) Program, providing a three-year parts and labor warranty, a 30-day warranty on the light source, 7-day, toll-free support and a 3-year guaranteed free replacement projector shipped overnight for next business day delivery.
Mitsubishi Display Products markets the industrys most extensive line of 14- to 50-inch (13.8- to 50.0-inch diagonal viewable image) award-winning color displays, including the Diamond Scan® , Diamond Plus® , Diamond Pro® , and LCD lines of desktop monitors; PrecisePoint touchscreen monitors; SpectraView color calibrated display systems; MegaView presentation monitors; Leonardo plasma displays; and LCD projector systems through a selective network of authorized distributors, resellers and dealers throughout the United States and South America.
Mitsubishi Display Products is located at 5665 Plaza Drive, Cypress, Calif. 90630. Customers can call 800.843.2515 or visit www.mitsubishi-display.com for more information.
The industrys brightest ultra-portable LCD projector, the X120 packs 1000 ANSI lumen power into a tiny 10-pound package!
- Polysilicon three-panel system; 1024 x 768 XGA resolution; compressed resolution of 1280 x 1024 providing workstation compatibility
- 1000 ANSI lumens with zoom lens and digital magnification feature
- Horizontal scanning frequency from 15 to 81 kHz, vertical scanning frequency from 50 to 85 Hz
- Projects images from 20 inches to 260 inches; suitable for small to large audiences in most venues
- Dimensions: 10.56x4.6x13.6" (W x H x D); Weight: 10 pounds
- Professional Presentation Features: One PC card input slot, on-board memory, gamma correction, intuitive on-screen graphic user interface in seven languages, wireless remote control with built-in laser pointer
- Includes worldwide voltage sensing and electronic keystone correction
- RS-232 terminal compatible with any Crestron, AMX or Extron automation systems
- Simple set-up Includes one RGB/component video input, one composite video input, one S-VHS input, one RS-232C input, one PC audio input. Outputs one RGB/component video and one audio output
- Accepts RGB, component video, S-VHS, NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, and SECAM video formats and is compatible with Apple®, IBM®, and many workstation computer graphics standards
- Suggested retail price: $8,995 three-year parts & labor warranty, 30-day warranty on the light source, 7-day, toll-free support and a 3-year guaranteed free replacement product shipped overnight for next-business-day delivery