Dell Enhances Microportable Projector Offering
New Unit Makes It Easier To "Plug-and-Present"
ROUND ROCK, Texas, Dec. 10, 2002-Dell today introduced a portable projector that delivers crisp images and new features for fast, simple set-up, all in a lightweight form factor.
Priced at $2,199 (1), the Dell 3200MP replaces Dell's first microportable projector, the 3100MP. The new unit uses Digital Light Processing (DLP) (TM) DDR technology to produce clearer images from the same 3.5-pound form factor. The 3200MP projects native XGA resolution (1024 x 768), and will automatically adjust to accommodate the resolution of the source device. The new projector also features a 25% increase in maximum brightness over the 3100MP, to 1300 ANSI lumens (max) (2), as well as a contrast ratio of 1800:1.
"The 3200MP incorporates the latest projection technology and features several enhancements, based directly on customer feedback, that make it even easier to use than the previous model," said Scott O'Hare, vice-president, Dell Software & Peripherals.
These changes include modifying the cooling vent to redirect airflow away from meeting participants, reducing the number of cords to ease set-up and increasing range of the height adjustment.
The 3200MP is housed in a sturdy magnesium chassis and can be used on a desktop, mounted to a ceiling (with available kit) or easily adjusted to project from behind a screen. Other standard features include integrated zoom lenses, digital keystone correction, built-in 2-watt speaker and a full-function remote control with integrated laser pointer. The projector ships with cables (M1-DA to VGA, S-Video, component video, composite video, RCA audio, and mini pin to mini pin) and a fitted carrying case.
Additional technical features of the 3200MP include:
· 150-watt, user-replaceable P-VIP lamp; 2000 hours
· 16.7M displayable colors
· 1.2X optical zoom, 32X digital zoom
· +/- 16 degree (32 degree total) keystone correction
· 3.9-39.4 ft (1.2m-12m) projection distance
· 24.8"-292.8" adjustable screen size (diagonal)
· NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, SECAM, and HDTV (1080i, 720P, 480i/P) compatible, composite video, component video and S-Video capability
· Universal 100-240V AC 50/60 Hz power supply
· 9.4 x 7.4 x 2.9 inches (234 x 189 x 74 ±1 mm)
· 2-year limited warranty with Advance Exchange service (3)
· 37 dBA noise output
· Motion adaptive de-interlacing
Dell Computer Corporation (Nasdaq: DELL) is a premier provider of products and services required for customers worldwide to build their information-technology and Internet infrastructures. The company's revenue for the past four quarters totaled $33.7 billion. Dell, through its direct business model, designs, manufactures and customizes products and services to customer requirements, and offers an extensive selection of software and peripherals. Information on Dell and its products can be obtained at www.dell.com.
Dell is not responsible for errors in typography or photography. Dell is a trademark of Dell Computer Corporation. DLP and Digital Light Processing are trademarks of Texas Instruments. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
(1) Price includes 2-year limited warranty with Advanced Exchange service. All pricing, specifications, and availability may change without notice. Taxes and shipping charges extra, and vary. Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. U.S. only.
(2) Based on ANSI/NAPM IT7 .228-1997 tests of 100 units, November 2002, with average ANSI Lumens 1221. Bulb brightness degrades with usage. Dell recommends replacing your bulb after 2000 hours of usage.
(3) Replacement system or replacement part will be dispatched, if necessary following phone-based troubleshooting, in advance of receipt of returned defective system. Replacements may be refurbished. Defective unit must be returned. Bulbs have a 90 day limited warranty. Availability varies. Other conditions apply.