TOSHIBA ANNOUNCES MULTI-FUNCTION PROJECTOR
FOR PREMIUM PRESENTATIONS
Priced at $3,199, the TDP-TW300U Offers Vibrant Display, Networking and Connectivity Features, and Wireless Capabilities
Designed for presentations in auditoriums, lecture halls and large conference rooms, the TDP-TW300U delivers extraordinary performance and an exceptionally high level of brightness with its DLP™ (digital light processing) technology, including 3,000 ANSI lumens, a contrast ratio of 2,000:1 and a native 1,024 x 768 XGA resolution. The product is priced at $3,199.
Special features throughout include integrated IEEE 802.11b/g wireless functionality that delivers fast set-up time and enables presenters to connect to the projector from anywhere in the room and deliver sequential presentations without the need for cables; an auto focus and ultra-wide 1.5x motorized zoom that automatically adjusts when the projector is moved; and network capabilities for remote control and access via a wired LAN connection with password protection for increased security.
"Corporations, educational institutions, houses of worship and other large organizations will especially appreciate the multi-functionality and premium display features of the TDP-TW300U," said Alex Ijuin, assistant general manager for Toshiba DPD's Projector Business Unit of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. "Toshiba has spent a lot of attention to detail to offer an innovative yet easy-to-use product that is very competitively priced."
The TDP-TW300U's network capabilities allow IT administrators to receive e-mail notification via SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) of projector status. Tasks such as self-diagnosis, monitoring input status and checking lamp life to expedite bulb replacement can all be performed quickly and easily via remote network management.
The projector integrates data, video and audio features necessary for high-end multimedia presentations. For increased flexibility, the TDP-TW300U includes three computer inputs, which are comprised of one RGB 15-pin, one five-pin BNC and one DVI. Other connectivity features include two video inputs for composite, one S-video, three component video inputs (shared with computer inputs), two four-watt stereo speakers, one type A USB port and LAN connectivity. Five audio-in ports allow users to connect to multiple audio sources, while the variable audio-out allows remote audio control of external speakers.
Other features of the TDP-TW300U include:
· Toshiba's proprietary Natural Color Enhancer color correction circuitry which delivers greatly improved image quality for exceptionally sharp and vivid images;
· A PC card slot that enables users to store presentations on a PCMCIA type II storage card, enabling "PC free" presentations;
· An automatic two-way digital keystone correction system that allows presenters to adjust keystone errors quickly and easily for a proportional, squared display;
· Variable audio out and picture-in-picture capability, allowing users to view more than one input source at a time via a corner screen or side-by-side split screen;
· A monitor output connector that allows users to view presentations from an external display, in addition to what is projected on the screen, to allow speakers to face an audience while presenting;
· Convenient lamp access on the top panel of the projector provides users easy access to the lamp when it needs to be replaced, even when the projector is mounted on a ceiling;
· Quiet operation at 29dBA in low mode, making it quiet enough to be used in any setting and extending lamp life.
The Toshiba TDP-TW300U is available immediately through Toshiba's enterprise sales team and authorized distributors, dealers, VARs, retailers or mail-order outlets, and at www.toshibadirect.com.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three divisions: Digital Products, Digital Solutions and Storage Device. Together, the three divisions provide mobile products and solutions, Internet access plans, communications, storage and imaging products and services. Products include industry-leading portable computers, projectors, telephony products, digital imaging systems, wireless solutions and services, and DVD/CD recordable products and hard disk drives for computers.
TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of information products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independently operated company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, a world leader in high technology and integrated manufacturing of electrical and electronic components, products and systems. Toshiba has global sales of over $52 billion and more than 300 subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. For more information, visit the company's Web site at toshiba.com.
DLP and Digital Light Processing are trademarks of Texas Instruments. The DLP(tm) logo and DLP(tm) medallion are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. While Toshiba has made every effort at the time of publication to ensure the accuracy of the information provided herein, product specifications, configurations, prices, system/component/options availability are all subject to change without notice.