P R E S S R E L E A S E
TOSHIBA ANNOUNCES LATEST PREMIUM MULTI-FUNCTION PROJECTOR FOR LARGE-SCALE VENUESFeaturing 3,500 ANSI Lumens, the TDP-TW350U Offers a Brilliant Display, Network Management, Security and Connectivity Features as well as Wireless Capabilities for $2,339
Designed for presentations in large venues such as auditoriums, lecture halls and large conference rooms, the TDP-TW350U delivers outstanding image quality and reliability with its DLP technology, an exceptional level of brightness of 3,500 ANSI lumens, a contrast ratio of 2,000:1 and a native 1,024 x 768 XGA resolution.
The TDP-TW350U includes integrated IEEE 802.11g wireless(2) functionality that delivers fast set-up time and enables presenters to connect to the projector from anywhere in the room and deliver sequential presentations without the need for cables. An auto focus feature and ultra-wide 1.5x motorized zoom automatically adjusts the display when the projector is moved. Network management capabilities for remote access and control are available via a wired LAN connection with password protection for increased security.
Other features of the TDP-TW350U include:
· Toshiba's proprietary Natural Color Enhancer color correction circuitry for greatly improved image quality for exceptionally sharp and vivid images;
· a PC card slot that enables users to store presentations on a PCMCIA type II storage card, enabling "PC free" presentations;
· an automatic two-way digital keystone correction system that allows presenters to adjust keystone errors quickly and easily for a proportional, squared display;
· "blackboard" function that allows wall color adjustment when projecting on a non-screen surface for more attractive and readable presentations;
· a monitor output connector that allows users to view presentations from an external display, in addition to what is projected on the screen, to allow speakers to face an audience while presenting;
· convenient lamp access on the top panel of the projector provides users easy access to the lamp when it needs to be replaced, even when the projector is mounted on a ceiling;
· quiet operation at 29dBA in low mode, making it quiet enough to be used in any setting and extending lamp life.
"With its brilliant display, a multitude of features and priced nearly a third less than the previous generation product, the TDP-TW350U is a tremendous value for corporations, educational institutions and houses of worship," said Sam Malik, director of projector sales and marketing, Toshiba Digital Products Division.
The TDP-TW350U's network management capabilities allow IT administrators to receive e-mail notification via SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) of projector status. Tasks such as self-diagnosis, monitoring input status and checking lamp life to expedite bulb replacement can all be performed quickly and remotely.
Weighing 12.1 pounds, the projector integrates data, video and audio features necessary for high-end multimedia presentations. For increased flexibility, the TDP-TW350U includes multiple computer inputs, which are comprised of one RGB 15-pin, one five-pin BNC and one DVI. Other connectivity features include two video inputs for composite and S-video, three components (shared with computer inputs), two four-watt stereo speakers, one type A USB port and wired LAN and wireless connectivity. The TDP-TW350U also includes variable audio out and picture-in-picture capability, allowing users to view more than one input source at a time, as well as view a corner screen or side-by-side split screen.
The Toshiba TDP-TW350U is currently available through Toshiba's authorized distributors, dealers, VARs, retailers, mail-order outlets and www.ToshibaDirect.com.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of four business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Storage Device Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide mobile products and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; projectors; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for automotive, computer and consumer electronics applications; and telephony equipment and associated applications.
TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of information products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, which is a global leader in high technology and integrated manufacturing of electrical and electronic components, products and systems, as well as major infrastructure systems. Toshiba has worldwide sales of over $54 billion and approximately 300 subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. For more information visit the company's Web site at www.toshiba.com.
1. Reseller prices may vary. ESUP means "Estimated Single Unit Price."
2. Wireless. May require purchase of additional software, external hardware, or services. Transmission speeds may vary. See Wireless Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
© 2006 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
© DLP ® and the DLP logo are registered trademarks of Texas Instruments