TOSHIBA ANNOUNCES DLP(R) PROJECTOR WITH EXCEPTIONAL IMAGE QUALITY AND WIRELESS NETWORKING FOR MOBILE PROFESSIONALS AND EDUCATORS
TDP-TW100U Offers 2,700 ANSI Lumens, Password Protection,One-Touch Auto Set-up, Digital Zoom, ‘Blackboard’ Function, and Instant Power Shutdown
The TDP-TW100U includes integrated IEEE 802.11g wireless(2) functionality that delivers fast set-up time and enables presenters to connect to the projector from anywhere in the room and deliver sequential presentations without the need for cables. Weighing 6.8 pounds, the TDP-TW100U also offers a 2000:1 contrast ratio, XGA 1024x768 native resolution to project text and images, and Toshiba's unique Natural Color Enhancer2 (NCE2). NCE2 is Toshiba's latest color correction circuitry that makes DLP images look more natural, delivering an exceptionally sharp and vivid display.
"The wireless networking capabilities of the TDP-TW100U allows multiple users the ability to share information seamlessly," said Sam Malik, director of projector sales and marketing, Toshiba Digital Products Division. "Without cables bogging down the equipment, educators and mobile presenters can set up the projector anywhere in the room and switch from one wireless PC to another while maintaining the continuity of the meeting."
The TDP-TW100U's feature enhancements that Toshiba is incorporating in its latest line of projectors include:
· One-touch auto setup on a fully-loaded presentation remote to ensure worry-free, professional presentations even in the most unforgiving environments;
· USB thumb nail drive for storing presentations in JPEG format, allowing presenters the ability to go "PC free;"
· "Blackboard" function that allows wall color adjustment when projecting on a non-screen surface for more attractive and clear presentations;
· Instant power shut down capability that enables the projector to power off instantly once disconnected from the power outlet with no cool-down time required;
· Digital power zoom function on the remote control, allowing the presenter to zoom in on a specific image presentation element such as spreadsheet numbers or other important details.
The TDP-TW100U projector offers users a variety of connectivity options, including composite video and S-video inputs, audio in and variable audio output capabilities. The special monitor-out capabilities allow users to display and view images on a monitor and screen simultaneously.
The TDP-TW100U also includes automatic vertical keystone correction (plus or minus 30 degrees) that instantly projects a square image even when the projector is set up at a steep offset angle to the screen. Ensuring that the presentation is the center of attention, the TDP-TW100U offers whisper-quiet operation of only 33 decibels (dB) (in low mode) – quieter than a soft conversation.
The Toshiba TDP-TW100U is currently available through Toshiba's authorized distributors, VARs, retailers, mail-order outlets and www.ToshibaDirect.com.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of four business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Storage Device Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide mobile products and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; projectors; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for automotive, computer and consumer electronics applications; and telephony equipment and associated applications.
TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of information products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, which is a global leader in high technology and integrated manufacturing of electrical and electronic components, products and systems, as well as major infrastructure systems. Toshiba has worldwide sales of over $54 billion and approximately 300 subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. For more information visit the company's Web site at www.toshiba.com.
1. Reseller prices may vary. ESUP means "Estimated Single Unit Price."
2. Wireless. May require purchase of additional software, external hardware, or services. Transmission speeds may vary. See Wireless Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
© 2006 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
© DLP ® and the DLP logo are registered trademarks of Texas Instruments.