P R E S S R E L E A S E
Epson Raises the Bar on Home Theater Projectors for High-End Movie Enthusiasts With New Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 810 and 810 HQVEpson's New Flagship 3LCD Home Theater Front Projectors Feature Superior Image Quality With Optional Professional-Level Processing Technology
With a contrast ratio of up to 10,000:1 and higher degrees of sharpness, these projectors are engineered to lead the home theater industry by providing the best overall combination of image quality and price. Furthermore, the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 810 HQV features video processing technology that is generally available only to broadcast and post-production professionals.
"These products are must-haves for really serious home theater aficionados and anyone else who demands incredible cinematic projection technology in their home in this price category," said Lowell Wolf, product manager, Home Entertainment Division, Epson America. "End users will certainly appreciate the projector's impeccable image quality and sleek design, while installers will love the projector's flexible setup features and technology that makes it easy to install and calibrate.
About the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 810
The Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 810 is a 720p native resolution front projector that uses the latest Epson Cinema Filter and Dynamic Eye Iris to achieve an outstanding contrast ratio with some of the highest brightness levels (up to 1,600 ANSI lumens) in its class. It also features a new 2.1x zoom Fujinon lens for more flexible installation.
The projector is loaded with a wide selection of unique image enhancement technologies and adjustment options that satisfy both home theater installers and end users who have especially high standards for image quality. The HQV Video Processor TX3, included with the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 810 HQV, is specifically tailored to achieve a higher degree of professional-level performance. The projector and processor are easily connected and engineered to provide virtually seamless integration during setup and operation.
The PowerLite Pro Cinema 810 front projector features one of the industry's highest aperture ratios, resulting in smooth pictures without noticeable screen door effects. It also features several other advanced technologies such as:
- Full IR/RS-232 controls and home automation system-compatible codes for custom installers to create a system where audio and video are managed from a single remote control
- ISF-certified (Imaging Science Foundation) calibration
- Epson AccuCinema(TM) Color Management calibrated out-of-the-box to D6500 color standards and an ideal gamma curve of 2.2. Provides subtle detail for color accuracy with a wide color spectrum that's capable of displaying more than one billion colors via Epson's 10-bit drivers. Robust grayscale tracking includes 1,024 steps between black and white
- Vertical and Horizontal Offset Lens can be moved up to 100 percent horizontally and to 50 percent vertically without moving the projector, and without any digital manipulation
- Epson Super White achieves 100 IRE for cleaner images with less noise and better picture quality
- Cinema Filter cuts the light of unwanted wavelengths, expands color space and provides high-purity color for greater intensity and contrast in dark scenes
- Versatile interfaces include Component Video, RGB Video, S-Video, and Composite Video as well as HDMI, and RS-232 digital connections
About Hollywood Quality Video (HQV)
Silicon Optix's HQV, or Hollywood Quality Video, is one of the industry's newest developments in video display and projection technology. The HQV processor performs more than one trillion operations per second and delivers superior video image quality using 10-bit video processing and other features to resolve conflicts between native pixel resolution and different pixel source material. The technology uses pixel-based (rather than frame-based) motion adaptation and detail enhancement to more accurately process de-interlaced images. Even standard broadcast video images are upscaled for improved viewing on a large screen.
The PowerLite Pro Cinema 810 HQV projector and its HQV Video Processor TX3 are designed to match and to diffuse ambient light from the projected image. Along with a matte black face plate, the projector body is curved so ambient light is completely eliminated. A similar curvature has also been applied to the face plate of the HQV Video Processor TX3.
About Epson 3LCD -- "A Better Way to See"
Epson 3LCD technology uses three individual LCD chips, each of which is dedicated to projecting red, green and blue to form a continuous image with smooth, rapid motion video that is free of artifacts. It works without a moving color wheel and offers accurate color registration, assuring detailed video and data images that are crisp and rainbow-free. Epson 3LCD produces the best possible viewing experience with more detail and accurate colors.
Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning image capture and image output products for the consumer, business, photography, and graphic arts markets. The company is also a leading supplier of value-added point-of-sale (POS) printers and transaction terminals for the retail market. Founded in 1975, Epson America, Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. Epson America, Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif.